Chapter 13 - Back to School

~2 Weeks Later~

The tour is over. Everyone is starting to go their separate ways. I miss Aaron the most. He stayed in Canada a couple days longer before he had to go back home. Shawn is still home but we rarely talk. It’s not that something happened between us during tour; I just chose to distant myself from him. One day Shawn is going to be famous and I don’t want me being a slut to affect that. Shawn has worked hard to get where he is today and since I fuck up everything in my life I don’t want to be the one that fucks up his. Same thing with Aaron; all the fans know he has a girlfriend they just don’t know it’s me. Nash, Cameron, Taylor, Hayes, Carter, Matt, Shawn, Aaron, Jack, Jack, JC, Connor, Kian, Sam, Trevor, Ricky, Mahogany, and Jacob are constantly asking if I’m okay. I tell them that I’m great, but I’m really not fine at all. I’m starting school again and I’m terrified. I’m sitting at my computer desk dressed with my backpack next to me and my head in my hands trying my hardest to not have a panic attack. I have no idea how any of them are going to react to me being there. I was and still am treading on twitter for being a slut and this school is going to be the worse. I can’t even eat breakfast; I’m so nervous I feel like if I eat I’ll throw up. Shawn is lucky, he goes to school online. So does Aaron. Aaron called me this morning to see how I was holding up. He knew how I felt about going to school. I told him the truth and he tried to calm me down. Key word tried. Shawn is walking with me to school today because Aaron asked him to. There goes my ‘trying to distance myself from him so I don’t fuck up his life’ plan.

“Hey Jor, are you ready to go?” Shawn asked poking his head through my door. I nodded my head and picked up my backpack and Karma before following Shawn downstairs. I said nothing to Shawn and focused on calming myself down.

“Jordan, you’re going to be okay.” Shawn said putting his arm around my shoulder.

“How do you know that? Don’t say things that aren’t true Shawn.” I said as we walked out the front door.

“I’m sorry. I wish I could go to school with you. Maybe that would be easier for you.” I didn’t answer I just skated next to Shawn and looked at my banged up penny board.

When I used to go to the skate park people would ask me why I used ‘that piece of shit penny board’. When we were 7 turning 8 we wanted to get presents for each other on our own. One day we walked to the mall on our own. Mom and dad knew we were there. We didn’t find out until years later that they were at the mall watching us from afar. I had no idea what to get Shawn. While we were walking around I noticed Shawn kept eyeing a guitar, a beginner one, and I decided to get that for him. I guess he did the same with me because on our birthday when I opened my present from him low and behold there was karma. I had no idea what the word karma meant at the time but I heard it a lot and thought it sounded cool. Shawn out grew his guitar a while ago but he still has it in his room in the closet along with childhood pictures of us. I thought he threw it out but one time when Shawn was gone mom asked me to look for something in his closet and that’s when I saw it.

I have no idea how long I was thinking for but I saw the school around the corner. Panic starts kick in. I turn to Shawn cutting him off.

“I can go from here. If you get any closer to the school there’ll be a mob chasing you home.”

“Okay. I’ll pick you up after school. Just meet me at the Tim Horton’s and we can hang out after; if you want to.” Shawn said giving me a hug. I found myself latching on to him like I didn’t want him to leave. Eventually I let go and wave to him before skating to the school.

Everyone, literally everyone knows who I am. The people who didn’t know I exist last know me now. When I first walked into the school holding Karma close to my chest I was getting glares and stares thrown in my direction. People were whispering, most likely talking about my short shorts and tank top, as I passed by on my way to the main office to pick up my id and schedule. The only reason I’m wearing shorts and a tank top because it was really hot today. When I got to the office even the new kids that were standing awkwardly in the corner waiting for someone to come show them around school recognized me. I lowered my head and told the office lady my name so she could give me my papers and bolted out of there. I looked at my paper and saw where my lover was and ignored it. I don’t have books yet and Karma fits in my backpack. I look at my schedule and see that I have British Lit. first period.