Chapter 4 - Accidental Confession, Realization, and Getting High

I woke up alone on the couch. I could hear all the rushing footsteps coming from upstairs. It didn’t dawn on me yet until I heard wheels moving across the hardwood floor that we were flying to Washington today.  I still had some last minute packing to do, well my electronics and stuff like that. When I got upstairs the whole area and Shawn’s room was a mess. The boys were going in and out of the bathroom brushing their teeth and looking for their things.

“Last one packed and ready to go is buying us all food. All luggage has to be in the living room next to their owner.” I heard someone shout as I was walking to my room. Some cursed and shouted after doors were slammed. I chuckled and made sure I had everything. I had two suitcases and one carry on. I literally had my entire wardrobe with me; all my sweatpants, hoodies, shirts, shorts, and jeans in one suitcase inside of those compressed air bag things to make room for makeup, shoes, socks, panties, bras, and girly things. In the other one I had more shoes, bathroom stuff, and a first aid kit. My carry on has my wallet, passport, plane tickets, passes for all events, my laptop, iPad, iPod, phone, headphones, ear buds, chargers, notebook, and writing stuff. We had enough time for me to wash the clothes I’m wearing now. I take my saved sweats, hoodie, shoes, underclothes, and beanie and walked to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth before going back to my room to pack my toothbrush, mouthwash, shampoo, and conditioner. When I was done packing the rest of my stuff I took my luggage downstairs and washed my clothes. By the time I was done Aaron, Carter, both Jacks, and Shawn had joined me downstairs. Taylor was the last one down.

***

“Who is going to do the room arrangements?” Matt asked from the back of the van.

“I’m the oldest so I think I should get to do it.” Cam suggested from the front.

“Oldest but the least responsible.” Carter joked.

“Well remember, Mahogany and Jacob are meeting us in Washington. Plus Jacob and Taylor shouldn’t be in a room together.” Aaron added.

“Well Aaron since you remembered that you’re in charge of room arrangements.” Taylor said patting Aaron’s head.

“I’ll help you Aaron.” Jay said messing with Aaron’s hair.

While everyone was messing around making vines and whatnot, I was thinking about possible covers to perform. Shawn and I still have to pick a song to do for a duet too. I’m making it harder for myself because I don’t like singing the same song over and over again sometimes so I want to do a new song every show. The duet can stay unless Shawn wants to change it but yeah. I have a couple ideas but since I don’t want to do mainstream songs I have to really think. Shawn and I turn to each other at the same time.

“So what song do you want to sing for our duet?” We asked in unison. We giggled at the same time too.

“We could do two songs. I’ll choose one you choose one.” Shawn suggested.

“I have an idea but I don’t know. You’ve sang it as a cover before and it’s always been my favorite song. I kinda want to do Hallelujah.”

“That could work and we could do #Beautiful.”

“Yeah we can do that. You can play the guitar and I can play the piano.”

“I’ll look up the guitar chords and begin practicing.”

“I’ll look up the piano chords and wait until I can get my hands on a piano.” We stopped talking and look up the chords on our phones. I found them quickly and sent them to my email before putting my phone away.

***

On the plane I was sitting between Aaron and the window. I couldn’t help but blush so I looked out the window. I have no idea why I’m blushing; Aaron is just a boy who I know for a fact that I don’t have a crush on. Oh who am I kidding? I’m developing a crush for this boy; last night I watched all of his vines, read all of his tweets, and looked at all his instagram pictures. I even screen shot some. I’m not a stalker because fans do it too. I’ve only known him a couple of days but I’ve fallen for his looks first and from the little time that I’ve known him I found him very kind and charming. Right now he is sitting right next to me and I’m looking out the window. What on Earth am I doing? I should be talking to him not watch the clouds and landscape. Yeah, that’s not going to happen. I’ll end up saying something stupid and want to jump out the plane. My heart is beating really fast like it’s about to jump out of my chest. I can already tell that this is going to be a long flight. I felt someone tap my shoulder and turn to see Aaron give me a big grin. I did the same thing before we both turned away. I blushed harder and face palmed.

I guess I fell asleep in the middle of the flight. I felt something on top of my head but I didn’t want to wake up yet. The thing that was on top of my head moved and did the thing under my head. I forced myself to wake up and realized that I fell asleep on Aaron’s shoulder and he fell asleep on my head. I don’t know how or when we got in that position but I made myself shift the other way with my head on the window. But I guess we were starting to land because I was getting that feeling in my tummy that I always get when I descend or ascend on a plane. We’re landing and that means I have this tour to become something that I’m proud of. To hide behind the mask of a fake bravado and in a way be someone I’m not. This is it.

***

“So Jack and I decided the room arrangements and it’ll stay like this until the end of tour or if you and someone agree to change rooms. In the first room Shawn, Jordan, Jack, and Jack together. The next room Matt, Nash, Taylor, and Cam. Me, Carter, Hayes, and Jacob are in another room. Mahogany has the last room to herself.” Aaron read out the list he has on his phone.  Jack J. grabbed our room keys and ran to the elevator making Jay, Shawn, and I chasing after him. Eventually we caught up with him and took our keys from him.

Jay and I were lying on the floor on our backs on our phones. Shawn was in another room and Jack J. was sitting on his and Jack’s bed. I was on Snap chat and Vine. I don’t know what the Jacks are doing.

“I can’t believe the world is 2014 years old.” Jay said in amazement  while I was on snap chat.

“Wow, it must be so hard being so fucking stupid.” I joked back. I captioned it and posted it on snap chat. I copied the video and posted it on vine too.

“Hey Jordan, it’s not attractive to swear!” Jay yelled at me.

“Fuck you I’m not attractive anyway.”

“You should look in a mirror more often then.”

“What?” I asked not really sure I heard that correctly.

“What?” Jay repeated confused like he didn’t know why he said.

“Why don’t you tell me these things?” Jack said from the bed. I forgot he was in the room. I was recording the whole time.

“Yeah since nobody is saying anything I’m going to get high if you guys want to join me. Try me you need it.” I rolled my eyes and joined Jack out on the balcony and so did Jay.

“Woah why are you out here JJ?” Jay said pulling me back.

“Because I can be.”

“Shawn is going to kill us.”

“Oh well.”

“Guys less talking more puff, puff passing.” Jack sassed.

“You’ve never done this before right?” Jay asked taking the joint from Jack. I shook my head. He took a hit and gave the joint back to Jack. He cupped my face and leaned in a little like he was going to kiss me I knew he wasn’t but the action made my heart beat fast. He blew the smoke in my mouth and I inhaled it. It caused me to choke on it. The Jacks laughed at me. This is going to be an interesting experience.