Chapter 15

Keegan's POV

Absolutely not. Absolutely not. 

I stared at myself in the mirror, the baggy material of Christian's jersey falling off my shoulder to reveal my bare skin. I blushed. Was I really that much smaller than Christian? His gym shirt seemed to fit better than this... Then again, he did have to wear padding underneath... Sighing, I pulled the jersey off, putting on one of my own shirts. How could girls go around wearing these? I held the jersey in my hand, staring at it. The look on Christian's face - the look of pure joy - as he handed me the jersey still burned in my mind. 

Leaving the bathroom, I went into my room, setting the jersey on my bed before sitting at my desk. If it made him that happy when he just thought about me wearing the jersey... I groaned, putting my head in my hand. Maybe I could wear something underneath? I thought about what I'd seen the girlfriends of previous players do. They'd happily worn the jerseys, without a t-shirt underneath. Sighing, I closed my eyes. This is nerve wracking. I've always tried to stay out of the spotlight at school, and wearing Christian's jersey is like wearing a flashing sign. I hate being looked at. The burning stares of classmates... Their emotions pasted on their faces...

"Keegan?" I jumped, turning to see Mom looking at Christian's jersey. She frowned. "Did you join the football team?"

Slowly, I shook my head. "It's... Christian's..."

She tilted her head. "Who?"

I didn't answer, blushing. Mom gasped. "Keegan... Is there anything you want to tell me?"

Mom sat down on the bed, and wouldn't budge until I'd told her everything. When I was done, she smiled. "You get to wear his jersey tomorrow?"

I nodded, and Mom squealed. "That's so exciting! Here, let me see?"

I took the jersey, slipping it on over my shirt. Mom grinned. "You look adorable!!"  She looked me over then frowned. "Are you going to wear your shirt under it like that? You'll get hot."

"What else would I do? It's too big!"

Mom sighed. "But you'd look so cute!"

"C-Cute?!"

"Of course! It's a boyfriend shirt! You never wear anything under it!"

I frowned, but decided not to question Mom's logic. "So, I shouldn't wear anything?"

"No!"

"But, Mom... Everyone will be looking at me!"

Mom stood, walking over to me. She put her hands on my shoulders. "Keegan... Who cares?" I blinked, but she continued. "If you love him, it shouldn't matter."

I stared at her. She's right. If I love him, it shouldn't matter. I smiled. "Thanks, Mom."

She kissed my forehead. "Of course. Now, in return, you can let me help you get ready for tomorrow."

I laughed. "Deal."

---

 "Come on, Keegan! Time to get up!" Mom leaned over me, smiling brightly. She was holding Christian's jersey. "Your boyfriend is waiting."

I knew she said that on purpose, but I shot out of bed, blushing. Mom grinned. "Come on, then, time for school."

Groaning, I buried myself in my pillow. "Can I just... Not go?"

Mom shook me. "Of course not! Christian's waiting for you!"

Sighing, I sat up. Mom pursed her lips, trying to flatten my hair. "Mom!"

"What? You promised!"

I sighed again. This is gonna be a long day.

---

We pulled up to the school in Mom's car, since she insisted on driving me today. She parked, then turned to me. Kissing my forehead, she smiled. "I love you, Keegan. And, you have to bring your boyfriend over sometime!"

Nodding, I smiled. Before I left, Mom frowned. "And take that jacket off." 

I shook my head. "I... Can't. Not yet." Mom sighed, but let me go. I took a breath, getting out of the car. I looked around, spotting Christian immediately. Christian grinned when he saw me, but frowned when I walked over. 

I tilted my head. "What's wrong?"

He shook his head, blushing. "It's just... The jersey..." He mumbled, looking at me.

I blushed, realizing what he was talking about. I looked down. "I... I'm wearing it."

He raised a brow. "Really?"

I glared at him, but he grinned. "Yes, I am."

Christian pulled me close, hugging me. "I know. I can see it coming out from under your jacket."

I pushed against Christian's chest, and he laughed. "Come on," He smiled. "We'll be late."

I followed Christian as we walked into the hall. "So?" Christian gave me a nervous glance. "When are you going to take the jacket off?"

"I-" I began to speak, but stopped when we entered the hallway. Several girls in the hallway were wearing the jerseys of their boyfriends, all showing them off proudly. 

Christian must have seen my discomfort, because he said, "You don't have to now, I mean..." He trailed off, looking away.

My chest clenched as I watched Christian's face fall. Taking a breath, I reach out, taking his hand. Christian looked at me, and I smiled softly. Slowly, I took the jacket off, Christian's jersey, which had been bunched up under my jacket, fell down to my knees, the collar slipping off my shoulder. Christian's eyes widened, and he swallowed. I couldn't look at him, and didn't look around to see if anyone had noticed me. 

I felt something snake around my waist, and I jumped, turning to see Christian giving me a big grin. His hand burned against my hip, but he wouldn't let me go as he led me to my first class. I was very aware of the stares - and glares - burning through us as we walked. Christian's hand on my waist tightened. "It's okay," he smiled. "I won't let them hurt you."

Blushing, I smiled meekly and entered the classroom. A hushed silence fell when I walked in, and I could see Nick's eye widen from where he sat, before they narrowed to slits and he gave me a death glare. I turned away from him, but I knew that wasn't the end of it. I tugged at Christian's jersey self-consciously, but quickly stopped before I could stretch it out.

The teacher entered the classroom, stopping in her tracks when she saw me. Her mouth opened and closed, and her eyes were wide. She eventually decided to move on and began to teach. I put my head against my desk, wanting to curl up and hide. I knew this was a bad idea. But... Christian looked so happy... I made him smile. Sighing, I put my nose against the collar, inhaling Christian's scent. As soon as I did, I heard a low growl.

Turning, I froze when I saw the look on Nick's face. He pointed at me, then at the classroom door. I knew what he meant; meet me after class. I swallowed hard, turning away from his gaze. I knew from experience I wouldn't be able to escape him. And I knew it wouldn't end well.