Epilogue

Author's POV

When Keegan woke up, he found himself stuck. He turned around in the tight embrace of his sleeping lover, Christian, until they were chest to face. Blushing, he watched Christian's eyes flutter behind his eyelids. Even after 8 years, Keegan still couldn't get used to waking up beside him.

"Are you going to continue admiring me, or do I get a kiss?" Christian opened his eyes, smiling at his boyfriend.

"Y-you're awake..."

"Mmmm...." Christian leaned close, kissing Keegan's forehead, then his nose, then each cheek before finally placing their lips together. Keegan squeezed his eyes shut, leaned his head up to get closer. Christian pulled back, smiling. "Come on," He sat up, stretching out, "I'll make breakfast."

Keegan nodded, waiting a moment for Christian get up and walk out of their bedroom first before he himself got up. There was only one real reason he waited to get out of bed; he'd gone to bed the night before in nothing but one of Christian's t-shirts. When he stood up, it went down to his knees, the collar slipping off his shoulder. He knew if he'd gotten up with Christian, he'd have been tackled back into bed. 

Walking to the bathroom, Keegan sighed. Christian was obsessed with this idea - the 'boyfriend shirt' as he called it. Stepping into the bathroom, Keegan glanced up into the mirror and froze. On his neck, visible above the shirt collar, was a dark kiss mark. His face flushed red. "Christian!!"

Running from the bathroom to the kitchen, Keegan tackled Christian from behind, his head pressing into Christian's back. Christian craned his head to look back at his lover. "What is it?"

Keegan pointed to his neck, glaring. "What were you thinking? I can't go to work with this!" Keegan hated to think of what would happen if someone at work saw this. In his experience, the kids in his English class weren't the most forgiving high school students. 

Christian tilted his head, leaning down to kiss the mark on Keegan's neck. "You were cute, I got carried away." Christian saw Keegan's face flush and frowned. "Can't you wear a turtle neck or something?"

He scowled. "It's a hundred degrees out and you want me to wear a turtleneck."

Christian pulled him closer, wrapping his hands around Keegan's waist. "I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself. I was showing off."

"Showing off?"

Keegan frowned. "Showing off?"

"Speaking of which, are you coming to practice today?" Christian gave him a pleading look. Keegan nodded slowly, remembering their promise; after school, he'd go to watch Christian's team practice.

After high school, Keegan had decided to go off to college for a teaching degree, and Christian was drafted for professional football, and accepted. Now he played for one team or another (Keegan wasn't sure what they were called, and Christian didn't bother to remind him, knowing he'd forget). 

"Yes, I'll be there."

Christian grinned, kissing Keegan's forehead. Pulling away, his eyes lit up and he rushed back to the bedroom. "Before I forget..." He came back, handing  bundle of cloth to Keegan. "Where this when you come."

Keegan looked down at the bundle in his hands. Unraveling it, he realized it was Christian's jersey. He blushed. "Again?"

"Of course." Every time Christian invited Keegan to a practice, it was imperative he wear Christian's jersey. 

"I'm pretty sure your teammates are done with your 'showing off.'"

"Are you kidding? They keep asking when I'm bringing you by again."

"No."

"Yes."

Keegan sighed. "Fine. I'll be there."

"In my jersey?"

"...... In your jersey." Keegan said at last. Christian pulled him close again. Keegan mumbled into his chest. "I'm getting tired of this 'boyfriend shirt' thing."

"Why? You're my boyfriend, aren't you?"

"Yes, but-"

"Then you get to wear my boyfriend shirt. And you'll continue to do so for the rest of your life."

Keegan leaned back to see Christian's face. "Why?"

"Because," Christian kissed his nose. "You're going to be my boyfriend forever."