The Days Before

"It's only right, I can't let you cook me in my school", Clarence said to Patty while putting on his basketball sneakers.

They are at Clarence's old highschool visiting just to play basketball- his favorite sport. When he walked in, the highschool kids who were already playing spotted him and ran over to greet him. They all know he was one of the best players back his high school days, he was top 2 but not 2. He's been visiting a lot though to play with them while they practice, but he hasn't been there in a while, that's why they were so hyped to see him.

"Why they look like that, though?", he asked Patty.

"Yeah, they bigger than we was".

"I was givin' niggas pounds, it feel like ground ass men".

They began to play one on one and Clarence is already making shots. Patty has none. He pulled back and made a jumpshot right in Patty's face.

"Otay", Queen whispered to herself while she watched.

The ball rolled over to the wall so Clarence jogs after it, he picks it up and passes it to Patty- a little too hard. Patty knew it was going far as the ball is in mid-air so, he runs with his hands up. Next thing you know, he jumps over the chairs and falls next to Queen. The ball lands right next to his face.

"Patty", Queen chuckles.

"This kid jumps over the chair like he a ape", Clarence says coming over to grab the ball.

"What was you thinkin', my g?", Queen asked.

"I thought I was about to save the ball".

Their one on one starts back up again. The game goes up to 20 and it's 19 to 8. Clarence makes his way up to the court with Patty guarding him and makes a lay up. The ball comes down and Clarence aggressivley pushes the ball towards Patty's chest feeling like the man. Patty throws the ball and Clarence steps back and Patty pushes him. Clarence flags him and goes to get the ball. Patty walks over to the chair and sits down breathing heavily while sweat tickles down his temples. Clarence comes over to get some of his Gatorade and almosts steps on a phone.

"This ya shit?", Clarence asks him.

"Yeah", Patty looks up.

"You're fuckin' trash", he says before he takes a sip.

Patty- with nothing to say- puts his head down. He looks as if he's contemplating his whole life.

Queen was recording him the whole time on Snapchat, "Poor Patty", Queen chuckles but also feeling bad.

Patty looks over at her and sees she recording. Then, he puts a smile on his face, "Queen stop".

"Awwww".

Clarence starts playing one of the highschool kids but that didn't last that long. Him and the boy comes and sits next to Patty.

"You beat him?", Queen asked.

Clarence agressivley rubs Patty's hair, not hearing her. Patty moves Clarence's arm, "Stop playin' with me, bro", he said laughing.

"You beat them both?"

He looks at her and smirks. He nods his head and uses his fingers to make the letter W.

"And they both got a Patty", he mentions. Patty and the boy laughs. "Queen c'mere, let me show you somethin'".

They get up and both walk over to a sign hung high in the gym. It says, 'Mount St. Michael 26-2 Mens Basketball A Champs CHSSA City Champs'.

"We only loss two games. 2010 and 2011."