Chapter Eighteen

(Time Skip)

(Time Skip)

My hands were slightly trembling...I'm exhausted, Leon aiming his weapon towards Simmons with a steady aim. Simmons was at his ends, he struggles to even stand on his own human feet.

(Simmons)- "You...have no idea...what would happen if I die!" his body transforms into something bigger than what it was before. His face was now exposed for us to see, a very disturbing image.

(Leon)- " The world would be a better place!" that was Simmons final straw, he broke a piece of the roof of the train and flung it our way. Leon drops down to his hip and fired at the incoming metal, two shots knocked it off balance and flew over my head--I stood frozen, not afraid for once. This was for Helena and everyone in Tall Oaks. I pulled the trigger back as hard as I could, a bullet comes out and heads straight for Simmons. He groans in pain-- good! A helicopter flew by, keeping steady with us. Leon and I looked up to see it. A bright light aims down at us-- but it quickly changes course away from the train.

(Simmons)- "No! How could my family abandon me?!" Simmons foot slips off the edge, making him fall right onto the tracks. The train begins to derail, detaching itself into a mess. Leon and I start to wobble side to side. Leon quickly grabs onto my hand, tugging it to run with him.

(Leon)- "Jump! " As we run towards the end of the train. Leon jumped off-- since he was holding onto my hand I went along with him. Crashing into dark cold  water. Once we burst through the water surface, I breathed in fresh air. I raked my hair back to move it out of the way....not water again. I had enough of it for one day...We swam for land, which was close by. Leon lifted himself up and held out a hand for me. I take his offer and he raised me up to dry land.

(Y/n)-" Holy shit.." I say with a slight cough with little lake water coming back up. I turn my head towards him, he was gazing down at me.

(Y/n)- " I froze."I did and I didn't back there....It just sort of happened that way.

(Leon)- " You didn't."

(Y/n)-" How do you know?"

(Leon)- " I'm getting to know you better than I thought" the corner of his mouth slightly grins. He's being smart with me...I smirk and furrow my brow.

(Voice)- " Echo team to HQ. Come in" the mood quickly changes.

(Voice)- "We're escorting civilians in Tatchi to safety." Leon lead the way up to higher ground, is this an evacuation? Thank god..more people will be saved today...

(Voice)- " There's been no sign of C-Virus infection here."

(Y/n)- " C-virus?" There's that word again, I was puzzled, I couldn't help but over hear.

(Leon)- "There's a lot of things you don't know"he spoke with a deep and curious tone.

(Y/n)- " Do I want to know?"