Tododeku

Summary:
From the prompt; Shouto tries to get Izuku to call him "Shoucchan" rather than "Shouto" and him displeased of Izuku calling Katsuki "Kacchan".

Todoroki doesn't have a nickname, nor does he really want one. Growing up, his father refused, and still does, to call him by anything other than "Shouto".

"Those things make you soft. What you should be thinking about is what your hero name will be." He said sternly every time Todoroki would ask his father why he didn't have a nickname like his brothers and sister do?

Additionally, he never had any close friends who could've given him a friendly nickname.

"Friends will distract you, Shouto. You don't need them." His father declared time and time again.

The only thing that came close was his mother used to call him "My Shouto." He remembers her saying it right before she gave him kisses on his cheeks, his hands, and his eyes. But once she was admitted into the hospital, the showers of kisses and "My Shouto's" ended.

Many of his friends in class 1-A have nicknames. On the first day of classes, Asui requested that everyone call her "Tsuyu-chan." At first, Todoroki thought the request to be incredibly strange, but now he can't picture calling her by any other name.

Kaminari is called "Pikachu" by some of his close friends. Todoroki calls Momo by her first name simply because they've known each other for so long. For a while, Aoyama was referred to as "Sparkle Boy" by a good number of kids in class 1-A and class 1-B; but that quickly died down once everyone realized Aoyama was actually considering using that as his hero name.

And Mineta is simply called, "That asshole."

However, out of all the nicknames that breathe individuality to class 1-A, there was one that grated on his ears like sandpaper.

"Kacchan!" Midoriya whines, rubbing the red spot forming on his forehead, after Bakugou flicks him as he passes by to get to his desk.

At the sound of the nickname, Todoroki stiffens. He knows that Midoriya and Bakugou grew up together- but the fact that Midoriya continues to call his bully by such an affectionate nickname baffles him to no end.

"You should pay more attention next time, Deku!" Bakugou smirks as he pulls out his chair and sits down. He leans back and rests his feet on his desk, making Todoroki's blood boil.

That's another nickname Todorki has many mixed feelings about, Deku. While he is glad that Midoriya took ownership of the incredibly slanderous nickname and made it into something positive- he can't help but cringe every time it leaves Bakugou's lips. The name devolves back into its hurtful origins and Midoriya still smiles through it.

He's actually doing it right now. Smiling even though Todoroki can see tears gathering in the corners of his eyes and the red spot beginning to fade from Midoriya's kneading.

It makes Todoroki sick with resentment towards the mercurial blond.

After classes conclude for the day, Todoroki and Midoriya walk to the dorms to get a head start on their homework. It's Friday and Midoriya likes to finish up his work early so he can have the rest of the weekend to train and watch old clips of All Might on WatchTube.

As they ride the elevator in silence up to Midoriya's floor, for some reason, Todoroki can't help but dwell on the whole "Kacchan" thing.

Friends since childhood be damned, Bakugou doesn't deserve Midoriya's kindness and he certainly doesn't deserve any of Midoriya's pleasantries. With how poorly Bakugou treats Midoriya, the only thing he deserves is a good punch square between the eyes. Which is something Todoroki would gladly administer at the drop of a hat.