Izuocha

Summary:

Izuocha Law AU.

After an interview with a difficult client, attorney Uraraka Ochako returns to her office to chat and have coffee with her legal assistant.

Notes:

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge on the law. I'm a high school freshman who hasn't taken a single law class in her life, so all my law knowledge comes from playing Ace Attorney. I'm sorry if it's short and slightly OOC though, I tried, man

Work Text:

"You're back already? Who's the new client?"

Rookie lawyer Uraraka Ochako looked up from the welcome mat of Uraraka and Midoriya Law Offices with tired eyes to see her legal assistant beaming at her from the office couch. She swiftly removed her coat (a gift from said legal assistant, Midoriya Izuku, on the day she became a lawyer) and hung it on the coat hanger, walking over to take her seat next to him.

"An asshole," she sighed, leaning back onto the couch. It was only noon and she was already ready for the day to be over. Kicking off her heels, she put her feet on the coffee table. Said action suddenly reminded her of how much she was craving coffee during the meeting earlier. "I'm going to make some coffee. Izukkun, do you want any?" Ochako asked, standing up. It was a rare occasion for Ochako to get up from a couch she just sat in. Her actions really drove the point home to Izuku that the interview didn't go well at all.

"That sucks. Hey, I can make our coffee if you want, I can tell the interview was awful and you deserve rest because you dealt with it alone this t-"

Izuku's words were cut off by a tired groan from the lawyer. "Really, it's fine, Izukkun. You've been organizing legal documents all morning, since, like, six AM. Making coffee for you is the least I can do."

"You've done so much more than I have today, though..."

"It was one interview with one potential client, and there's a chance we won't even be taking the case," she retorted, putting their favorite blends into the coffeemaker.

Ochako looked back to see Izuku with a confused look on his face. "You're so tired, and you said you hate the client, but you're still seriously thinking of taking this case? Ochako, if the INTERVIEW is stressful, the case will be even worse. Of course even if you do take it I'll be supportive, but I really don't want you stressed out even more than you usually are. I care about you, you know..." By the end of his tirade, Izuku began mumbling like he normally did. Unlike normal, though, Ochako didn't tease him for it, and instead she looked back to the coffeemaker to hide the growing blush on her face.

The soft ding that indicated the coffee was finished went largely unnoticed by the pair. "I know it's... a mess, and stressful, but the client? He's the number five ranked hero in the world. If we take this case, we could be famous and we could afford to buy a better office... and maybe a house... Oh, um, the coffee is done." Izuku didn't know why his partner was looking down when she brought the coffee to him, but he knew better than to prod.

Setting the coffee down on the table, Ochako took back her seat next to her assistant. She didn't look at him for fear that he'd notice the blush growing on her cheeks whenever she looked him in the eyes, so she missed his utterly shocked expression.

"Ochako... Do you mean Bakugou Katsuki?"

"Yeah. You went to middle school with him. He knows we work together, so he told me about your... uh, history. He wanted us to take the case "so Deku can prove he's not as incompetent as he was in middle school." Honestly, I was going to take the case to help you prove to your old middle school bully that you're one of the best guys on the planet, but I'm not sure I'm ready for a murder case."

"Murder? Kacchan?"

"To be honest, from the brief time I spent with him, I did get a little of that murderer vibe, you know?"

"Kacchan... He's not a bad guy... He couldn't murder someone."

"You believe in people too much, Izukkun."

"I thought you liked that about me?"

"... I do. It's... just that it's not the best when you work with criminals, you know?" Ochako sighed.

“So, what are the details of this case? Who’s the victim?” Izuku asked, with a more serious tone than usual. He shifted his seat on the couch to look at Ochako, who finally had the courage to look at him.

“I don't know anything,” she admitted. “Mr. Blasty hasn’t really given me much information. It's a murder case, weapon is his quirk, and the victim is a random civilian who owns a fruit stand.”

“I'll go and get some out of him for you. It's the least I could do…” the green-haired man said, beginning to rise from his seat.

“No!” Ochako yelled, startling her partner. “I.. don't want you to get hurt.”

Izuku tried to lighten the mood with a small chuckle, but the young lawyer wasn’t having any of it. “Izuku, don't do it. We’ll get more info when we get the case file. ...You can sit back down.”

“I guess I should. The coffee is getting cold.”

---

After they both had finished their coffee and were lounging lazily on the couch together, Izuku broke the silence with a piercing question.

“So, what was all that about me being one of the best guys on the planet?”

The brunette attorney stuttered, turning as red as a beet. “I said that out loud? Oh, Jesus…”

“It's okay, I’m honestly really flattered,” Izuku reassured her. “It was… really nice, hearing someone like you, an amazing lawyer at only twenty-six, say something like that about an anxious paralegal like me.”

“Really, Izukkun? I thought you were way out of MY league,” the lawyer laughed nervously. It was normally Izuku that was the anxious one.

“There’s no need to be so nervous! I…know it's weird hearing that from the guy who cries in court, but… Trust me,” her assistant laughed, pulling Ochako into a slight hug. “You know, you don't really have to be nervous about any of this. We can take the case, and I’ll support you all the way. We can buy a better office with the money, and.. I'm not really opposed to buying a house with you, actually. It would be amazing waking up to you every morning,” he mused, pulling away from the hug.

The young woman on the couch next to him stuttered. She didn't know how to respond to that.

After about a minute, she finally found her voice. “How come you’re so confident now?” she asked.

“I guess I got a surge of courage after I realized that I actually had a chance with you,” he admitted with a shrug. “Though I think that’s fading now… Gah, I blew it, didn't I?”

“N-not at all, Izukkun! I have to admit I’d like living with you, too… but first we’d have to take this case. I’ll help you out with the paperwork, since you already do so much for me, and I’ll inform the client- Bakugou, tomorrow,” the attorney said, blushing madly.

“Thank you so much,” Izuku said, grinning. He pressed his lips to her forehead in a slight, nervous peck, causing Ochako to burn up. “I’ve got a few business cards to print. Want to help me out with that?”

“O-of course, Izukkun!”

“If we get married someday, am I going to have to change the sign?”
-----------------------------------------------------------Ok, don't hate me but I don't really ship them as much as other ships >~<. This was requested by alot of people so I decided to do it.
Although they are the most likely to become cannon and they are really cute together, I just don't see them as a couple y'know.