Bakugou x reader PART 1

You wake up, eyes fluttering open and staring blankly at the ceiling. A groan escapes your lips as you roll over and take the pillow behind your head, shoving it over your head in an attempt to keep out the light of the morning sun. In the distance, you recall with a grimace, is the sound of the tower bell, signalling you to rise. But, gods, you really don’t have the energy to get up after yesterday’s training with your friend. She really was insistent when it came to training with you. Even though you had beat her countless amounts of times, she still insisted you were the weaker of the two of you. And so she drove you to train with her endlessly, and when you were summoned to do other village duties it was a blessing really. You loved her to death but, man, she just really took the energy outta you sometimes.

“Hey, are you still sleeping?” You heard a familiar voice blare, causing you to groan and curl up in a ball. “How many times do I have to wake you up myself??”

The door was already open and you lazily tried to fend off your friend with a few swipes of your hand. She clearly wasn’t amused as you swatted at her and opted to yank the bedsheets off of you completely. You slumped on the bed in defeat while she grabbed your ankles and started to drag you out of the bed. She whined at you for being so heavy to which you snorted at.

“Come ooon!” She drawled in aggravation, “The village elder already summoned us! What if we’re finally going to be made guards just like we’ve been hoping?”

Ah, that’s right, you thought. It was for the past few months that the two of you had finally made it to the age that most others are when they begin their village guardianship. She had been nagging you about it between meals and duties around the village. The elder had repeatedly refused the two of you whenever you pressed the matter however, only going to anger the latter. You were fine with waiting if that’s what was needed, but someone else wasn’t as sold on the idea. Though, you had to admit, it was getting a little tiring being kept like a beauty in a gilded cage in this secret hidden village. Visitors here were few and far between and if rumors were true, the outside world was in peril of falling apart and decaying into nothing.

Your friend had given up on you by now as you lethargically got up to get ready. As you tugged on a usual shirt you felt the ache in your muscles while your mind wandered to the past few days. Nothing had stood out to you besides the village elder acting a bit distant. The look in her old eyes grew distant, cold even as she bid you farewell after every meeting. You shrugged it off. Maybe she was just getting sentimental about the two of your growing up? Having practically raised the two of you, maybe it was time she thought about letting you two grow up a little. Either way, it wasn’t your place to press about it, and even when your friend complained about the unfairness of being denied guard status, you were ready to remind her that the village elder was only doing what she thought best.

“Ochako,” You spoke quietly. The quick tilt of your head gave heed to what you meant. Being more of a soft spoken, quiet sort of person, only a few words got the point across most of the time. You found your friend being so outspoken was good, mostly because you wouldn’t have to explain so much, especially when you got a little flustered trying to explain things.

“It’s a about time.” She huffed in mock annoyance. You followed her down the hall and out into the main area, a small cave dug out with pillars of light filtering in from the ceiling. They shown onto the crystaline water flowing from the small fountain in the center, the cave made out of an almost quartz like material. If you hadn’t lived here the past 16 years you would’ve thought this place were some sort of ethereal plane of existence. But now it was just the same old area you passed through time and time again.