•I'll be good•

It took a while for the pair to separate from each other, a dark blush spreading across Lydia's face.

Elijah usually could keep his distance, but being clingy was a habit when he thought it was needed.

"Let's get you dressed, a road trip could be an adventure." Elijah suggested. "We can take the car, and just drive until we don't know where we are."

Lydia was more than up for a road trip, but it had gotten well into the afternoon by now, the sun at a low level.

"No objections, we can stop at a motel or something, it'll be fine. I'll leave you to get dressed." And with that, Elijah had left.

___

A few moments afterwards, Elijah found Lydia, sat on her bed, pulling on a pair of shoes.

She wore a black skirt and a white dotted shirt, her strawberry blonde locks were pulled into a braid.

"Ready, love?" He asked, Lydia looking over as she stood up.

"Ready. Do I need anything?" She questioned, walking to the door.

"No, it'll be alright, just a little drive." Elijah said, soon finding himself leading her down the stairs to the front door.

Closing the door after herself, Lydia hurried to get in the car Elijah had already started, and buckled her in when she closed her door.

With a smile, Elijah began driving out of the driveway, and down the road.

______

A good hour or so had passed, both having had many conversations in different topics.

Now, they drove on a road, which seemed to never end, passing rarely any signs, which wasn't much help if they were to get home properly.

"Elijah, love, we may be lost." Lydia said finally, her hands folded in her lap.

"We're fine. If we find a motel, we can ask for directions if we stay there. It'll be fine, darling." Elijah gave a shake of his head.

His hand moved to her thigh, stroking it slightly in hopes to calm her.

Lydia looked to the window, shifting slightly when she felt Elijah's hand on her thigh. She didn't mind it, but maybe wearing a skirt wasn't the best idea.