•Motel trouble•

It had grown dark now, and Elijah had found a small motel on the side of the road.

Apart from it looking like a wreck, he deemed it safer than sleeping in the car.

Both got out, Lydia more reluctant than Elijah, but she was reassured when his arm slipped around her waist.

"Can we get a room, please?" Elijah asked the receptionist, who looked half asleep.

The man's eyes flicked from Elijah to Lydia, his eyes wandering over Lydia before replying. "A double or a single?" He asked.

"A double, please." Elijah said, pulling Lydia closer into his side.

It took a while for the man to find a key, only before writing Elijah's name down in a record book.

Handing over the key, the man let his eyes wander over Lydia, before she was quickly dragged off by an unhappy Elijah.

Elijah pulled her up the stairs, soon enough finding their room. Unlocking the door, Elijah switched on the light, deeming it alright to stay in.

"He should know where to keep his gaze at." He said, closing the door after Lydia had entered the room.

"Elijah, it's fine, he didn't say anything, nor did he act upon anything." Lydia replied, her eyes flicking from the room to look at Elijah.

With a sigh, Elijah nodded. After checking the door was locked, he set the key down, and slipped off his shoes.

His blazer was to come off next, but stopped after that, his eyes watching Lydia as she was setting her shoes near the wall.

Elijah sat on the bed, beckoning Lydia over once she faced him.

Lydia stood in front of him, watching a gentle smile appear on his face as he pulled her into his lap, arms shaking around her waist.

"I don't mean to get jealous." Elijah sighed, resting his head on her shoulder.

"It's okay, love. I do it too, you're not the only one." Lydia smiled, her arms wrapping loosely around his neck.

"I do love you. You know that, right?" Elijah mumbled, pressing a light kiss to her neck.

"Yes, I know. And I love you too." Lydia confirmed, which earned another light kiss to her neck.