Chapter 30

The street was filled with people who were high, drunk, perverted, and so on and so forth. It was so different from the safe, guarded haven that I had thought was unsafe...but...this?

This was terrifying.

The black eyes that would stare out at me, and gaze straight up and down my body, as if I were served on a delicious platter...

I shivered and inched closer to the disgusting Jerum.

"Jerum..." I whispered, as a trail of goose bumps fluttered down my back and arms at the fear of the men.

"Mhm, yes?" He seemed to walk right at ease, as if he had nothing to worry about...which was true.

But I had to worry about myself. My hands shaking, I shuffled closer to him, instinctively.

"Can we get out of here please?" I whispered dramatically, looking at a woman who was talking to her grocery bag, asking it to stand still.

He chuckled as he threw his arm over my shoulder and gave a rotten smile. "Why? The night is young, sweet Jamie."

I mentally gagged. Ew.

"Here in Underworld the night is always young...and please...I'm getting restless here." I murmured, keeping my eyes from meeting anyone's.

He sighed before walking towards a door that seemed to shimmer and glow, as people avoided it.

"Alrighttt..." He gave a fake sigh, the rotten teeth exposed, before opening the shining white door. "Climb on in."

I gaped, while others looked shocked and awed at the pasty gleaming door. "Are...are you serious?"

He chuckled darkly, his eyes gleaming before he bent down to whisper seductively in my ear. "Jamie, don't let looks deceive you. Because the looks can all go away." He gave a few seconds of spirit fingers as I scoffed.

Sureeee....

My eyes widened as my heart sped up...what the hell did that mean? And what the freak was he trying to get at with me?

He pushed me in lightly, as I felt a chill, cool wave of sensory overloads as we appeared in a large, green meadow with soft pink flowers that flowed over the hills and ended abruptly at a stone house.

I gasped as I looked around at the soft, alive, and clean place this was. Ignoring Jerum and stepping forward towards a large, green tree, I sighed.

Wow...this...was in Underworld?

"Jerum, this is amazzzingg..." I said, before turning around. "Where did you find this place....." I turned to stare at Jerum in the face...but I froze.

That was not Jerum.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!?" I screamed, exasperated, while I looked at the dark woman standing in front of me.

Her beauty was like nothing I had ever seen before, as my jaw dropped in complete shock and fear, her perfect eyebrow arched.

Where was Jerum?!

"Jamie..."

My eyes nearly popped out of my head. "Nooonoononono. Your not Jerum." I said loudly, full of disbelief, trying to ignore the small thought in my head that maybe she was Jerum.

"Jamie...I-"

"You....you can't be!" I screamed as I turned to run from her, only to have her already standing in front of me.

I gaped. Total Jerum move. Pursing my lips, I moved in front of the dark, crisp bark of the tree trying to hide from her.

I could see her shadow as she tried to get in front of me as I circled the large tree avoiding her every move.

Suddenly, her shadow disappeared as I nearly crumpled in happiness and terror.

Where did she go? Would she be gone forever?

Closing my eyes and resting my head and back against the bark, I gave a soft, tremored sigh.

Taking a few deep breaths I opened my eyes.

She hung there backwards, her bouncy curly, hair a full tangle. Before I could even scream, her hand was over my mouth.

"Jamie, its me...Jerum." She gave the rotten smile, but this time full of perfect smiling teeth.

She pulled her hand away as she still hung there, my jaw dropping.

"...J-Jerum?"