Chapter 17

You want me to go in there...alone?" I glanced into the maze for the fifth time, as I bit my lip.

As a 'romantic' date, having it be Halloween and all, Hayden had taken me to a haunted fairground through one of the Underworld portals and showed me around. As one of the main events, each section of the fairground had a maze...and this was the first one that we were going to.

"Of course not," he stated pulling me closer, "You have me remember? You know that I won't let anything hurt you..." He tugged lightly on my arms pulling me closer to the maze. A sudden breathtaking smile appeared on his face, as my heart lept.

Glancing back into the maze, I gulped, my lip sore from biting it.

The fog...the lights....the monsters...the blood....

Well Hayden would protect me right?

A sudden chainsaw filled the night air, and my eyes widened in terror.

"No fucking way. I'm not stepping one foot near that maze Hayden."

"Really?" he whispered to me, his head near my ear and his voice slightly seductive, as he stepped closer to me, .

"Really." I retorted, pushing away the burning feeling he gave me in my stomach. A wave of hormones fluttered throught my body as I sighed.

A loud cough alerted us, as I stepped away from Hayden, a blush on my cheeks. A gruff, serial killer looking man, most likely the line manager stared at both of us.

"Sir are you and this lady going or not?" He asked, a nasty growl in his voice.

I shook my head, and bit my lip again, looking up at Hayden.

"Well, I am going. She isn't going to be coming with me right now. I was wondering...could you watch her for me while I am gone?" My eyes widened in disbelief.

No fucking way..

"Uh, Hayden. Can I talk to you for a second?"

Stepping aside, I pulled him from the line.

"Are you going or not?" He asked again, his voice soft.

Glancing at the maze on last time, I sighed.

What was I getting myself into?

"Promise you won't leave me."

"Deal." He smiled, pecking me on the lips as we went back into line again, as I stepped hesitantly into the flashing lights.

-------------------------------------------------------

I gulped, pressing myself closer to the wall, hidden from anyones view.

Where in the fuck was Hayden?

After bolting straight from Hayden's arms after the first chainsaw went off, I ran straight towards the closest hiding spot I could find.

Yet...now I couldn't find Hayden.

A sudden scream echoed closer, as I looked around. I was all alone in the fog, and a slight whimper escaped my lips.

Suddenly a dark figure appeared before my eyes.

"Where are you...I'm going to get you...I'll kill you pretty one..." the figure taunted getting closer to me. I began to look hesitantly around, waiting for Hayden.

"Oh...there you are."

Oh my god.

I had my last fill of fright today. Screaming, I ran straight from my hiding spot.