3

At just over a year old I was built with pure muscle, the treadmill actually became a part of my daily routine and I also met my first tyre, when I first was given it I thought it was a huge black doughnut, hanging from the tree, tempting me. but as I bit into its rubbery texture I was disappointed when I never got the full flavour of a sweet doughnut, but an interesting taste lingered in my mouth along with a strange smell. I chew on it regularly now, and Tom works my neck muscles by swinging me around as I lock my teeth into it,it's so much fun when he does it. I feel the wind separate as my powerful body spins in the air. I never found out what happened to  Bonny but after my eight month I never saw her again, which was all good for me because now I had almost all of Tom's attention on me,and for once I thought I felt his warmth and love. He treated me with dog treats for nothing and sometimes would play with a rag and pull it and I'd pull back, often people would come round to socialise with me, friends with their children all spent hours with me, in order to maintain my "people friendly nature." Playing with Tom was fun but things suddenly started to change after a year. The phone rang and Tom must have been expecting it as he rushed to answer like he had been waiting on edge for it.

'Hello?'He answered cautiously.

'Erm,yeah' He said into the phone.

'Name?'He hesitated then looked at me. 'Dog.'

'Yeah that's right.'

'Tomorrow is good, might I ask the size of the dog and age?' By now I had lifted my head in interest. He had just given me a name, and what he was discussing involved me. He was brimming a white smile.

'OK,'He answered carefully. 'See my dog is only a year old and it will be his first roll, I don't know how game-' He cut short his sentence then listened to the caller.

'Ahbrilliant. Yes that sounds much better as they are about the samestats.' I put my head down, it was beyond me what they werediscussing. I knew well the language now and commands were easilytaken, though some things were down right confusing.

'Tomorrowevening about six?' Tom offered then waited a response. 'Yeah I willmake a room into a pit,' another pause. 'Cool you know the address?'

Ananswer.

'Yeah,two hundred quid, OK bye see you then.'

He hung up and sighed. Walked over and petted me. 'Your first training session tomorrow boy.' He informed. 'Best do me proud.' I sniffed his nose and put my head down on the sofa, something in my mind told me that tomorrow would be a very Important day, with that thought came nerves and excitement, my tail twitched with anticipation.

The next day came quickly, I was sleeping on the sofa when Tom burst into the room, he embraced me a while, fed me then for some reason he put me on the treadmill. This wasn't our daily routine, I was never shoved onto the treadmill first thing, (it was an evening thing.)This time I was on it for a good few hours and he left me running while he went about the house with an anxiousness surrounding him. He went upstairs and came back down carrying bin bags of rubbish, and took upstairs a few long wide planks of wood and a strip of old carpet. He came back down, took me out for a quick walk then swung me on the tyre. We took another walk to his friend's house where we had to wait outside until his friends dog was in another room. I entered the house and sniffed about, like my own it smelt of dog. Tom led me to a small room out back where lots of barking could be heard. I wondered where we were going and looked up to him with questioning gaze. He opened the door and led me in to where there must have been seven cages each containing one dog. They were barking at me, at each other and some were barking because they wanted freedom. At first I stood with my tail high and interested, but what I was about to witness made me terrified for my life. Tom and his mate took out apetite bitch and Tom turned to me and told me to watch. I was tied up to a pole so I sat and watched interested at what my master was about to show me.