Chapter 2: Sam.

"Old lady, then Lestrade, then lover boy," Dean states with a roll of his eyes in the back of the cab.

I shift in my seat next to him, stifling a laugh. "Lover boy?" I question, catching a glimpse of mischief in Dean's eyes.

Dean laughs, "Yeah. You know something is going on between them. I mean, come on! You're the brains of the operation."

I took the compliment with a grin, enjoying the bit of modesty that only rises to the surface on special occasions. "Whatever," I said before getting my mind back to work. "I'll take Lestrade and you take old lady. Whoever finishes first gets to save... lover boy," I said with a grin.

"Gotcha," Dean said before addressing the driver. "221B Baker Street. Step on it."

The drive was quick and uneventful. Dean waved me off and headed towards the door marked with shining symbols reading 221B. I turned to the driver with an innocent grin, "Do you happen to know where Detective Inspector Lestrade's office is?"

The driver fixed the hat on his bald head and nodded. "New Scotland Yard coming up."

"W-what?" I asked, barely keeping in my excitement as the taxi sped away from the apartment. I let out a childish laugh as I caught sight of the large building. I breathed a quick thank-you to the driver before handing him an enormous amount of pounds that I had converted from some dollars Dean was able to scam. I made my way to the building before stopping a woman that was passing by.

"Hello ma'am, I'm looking for Lestrade? Where could I find him?" I asked sheepishly before glancing around at the other officers walking around in the background.

The woman ran her hand through her curly brown hair. "He's back there. The one with the short grey hair drinking a coffee," the woman added with a flirty smile. "Hello, by the way. I'm Sally."

"Thank you, Sally, for your time," I quickly walked toward the man. I really had no time for flirting, especially when I was in a different continent. I approached Lestrade, who was talking to a thin, tall man carrying a briefcase. No doubt a gun or a knife could be concealed in the case.

"Oh sir! I need a word with you. Call's waiting for you," I lied through my teeth and grabbed the stranger's arm that wasn't holding the suitcase. Before he could stutter out a response, I pulled him away and into a private corner.

"I really need to talk to Detective Inspector if you would excuse me," the man pulled away.

I caught his arm before attempting to manage an intimidating glare. "I know why you're really here," I said quickly before twisting the man's arm behind him and walking him out of the room. I managed to unlock a nearby closet and insert both me and the man into the crowded room. There was a single chair in the midst of the closet, which I sat the man in roughly.

"What do you think you're doing?" he growled before leaning forward to hit me on the head with his briefcase.

I fell flat against a shelf and groaned as pain shot through my right ankle. I grabbed a random plank of wood and successfully bashed the man in the head, leaving him unconscious. I worked quickly to bind his hands behind the chair with rope. Duct tape was no were to be seen within the closet, so I grabbed a moldy rag and tied it around the assassin's mouth as he began to slide back into consciousness.

I smirked at him as I pried his briefcase open to find a loaded handgun. I deposited the bullets behind the shelf I was planted against and slipped the gun into my front pocket.

"That was fun. Thanks for that," I joked as the man continued to struggle against the mouth gag. As I was exiting the closet, Sally walked by and threw me a questionable look as she glanced over my shoulder to the struggling man.

"Assassin. He's safe now," I grinned as I threw the empty gun to the shocked woman and strode out of New Scotland Yard. Cars whizzed past as I stuck my hand out to signal a new cab.

A car pulled up to the side. I slid in and instructed the driver to go to St. Bart's Hospital. I texted Dean quickly saying I was done with my job and currently heading to John.

Hopefully my brother was done, too.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: i hope you enjoyed that insight into sam's mind for a brief chapter. i just love sam, don't you? aha, anyways, comment any mistakes you find so i can make this chapter better for everyone! ciao!

-Liz