Chapter 4: Dean.

I hope Sammy was okay, because I sure as hell was not.

The guy in the apartment turned out to be a demon, of course. The old lady named Mrs. Hudson, who was not hot by the way, was sitting on an old couch in Sherlock and John's apartment.

Mrs. Hudson told me they lived together. And still no one suspects anything?!

Anyway, I had successfully wrestled the man into a demon trap that I had quickly drawn on the ceiling with a can of spray paint I found on the floor. I had also managed to get the man's gun and toolbox away from him but not without a few scars. My shirt was ripped, my forehead was bleeding, and my left wrist was at an odd angle. The fight had not done me well.

"What is he? What is he?" Mrs. Hudson screeched as the man's eyes flicked black and he laughed in a different voice. This voice was deeper, more cynical. The man looked up at me with a hopeful glint in his eyes.

"Dean Winchester. What a pleasure," the man drawled out in a thick English accent. "I just wish we could have traded spaces."

I broke into a cocky grin. "Guess that means we'll have to do this again," I promised before I recited Latin quickly to perform the exorcism. The demon's head shook, fighting to stay inside of the new body. He finally threw his head back as deep black smoke rose from his mouth and escaped to the ceiling. The man then lay helpless on the floor.

I knelt down as I felt his nonexistent pulse. "Can Sherlock dispose of this body for experiments?" I asked with a frightened nod from Mrs. Hudson. "Thanks. You've been a doll." I quickly waved myself off and down the steps to catch a cab.

Sam was probably worried sick, but I didn't have my phone with me. I left it in America in the Impala. Good job, self.

The ride was short and sweet. The driver reluctantly took the large amount of pounds from my hand as he deposited me by St. Bart's Hospital.

I stepped out of the cab and listened as it drove off. My eyes flicked across everything in sight, but I didn't notice any familiar faces. I walked forward and checked again.

"Sammy?" I called out into the quiet air as my wrist sent a new shot of pain through my body.

No one answered.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: hiya guys! sorry this chapter was so short. i just wanted the readers to know that dean was, in fact, NOT dead. this story is a happy ending to the Reichenbach Fall, so i tried to avoid anything too sad or tear-jerking. since this is a short story, chapter 5 will be the last chapter. it will hopefully wrap everything up in to a pretty little present for my readers. thanks for reading, btw! comment any mistakes / errors and i'll be sure to fix them asap. ciao!

-Liz