| 7 |

❝and i have nothing else left to say. but i will listen to you all day, yes i will.❞

"wasp," eaglestar boomed. "if you do not tell us what you know about nettletalon's murder, my clan will kill you." wasp looked around the massive clan of cats, her yellow eyes wide. "i can only tell you so much," she hissed softly.

"i helped with the murder. i am friends with a cat in this clan, but i cannot say who, as they will kill me."

"correct," eaglestar snarled. "you are going to die if you do not tell us every detail." i watched as my father's claws slide out from within their sheathes.

wasp's claws unsheathed, too. she backed up slightly, looking around again. "i-it was a ginger cat!" she hissed. wasp suddenly turned tail and ran out of camp. many cats gasped and dashed out after her, screeching. a ginger cat?

the ginger cats in this clan were brackensun, larkflight, amberfoot, leafheart, foxkit... and i.

brackensun didn't do it. she couldn't have! i mean, she is a little delirious these days, she but she hasn't left her den, let alone camp inside in days!

larkflight is a kind tom. he is a friend of my mother. when i was younger, and when eaglestar was busy, he would act as a father to owlstrike, rainecho, and i. so i don't believe it's him.

amberfoot. she's... nice? i'm not sure, i don't think i've ever talked to her.

leafheart is brackensun's father, and my grandfather. he is very old, so i don't think he did it. he can't even leave camp.

foxkit is nettletalon's kit... so it's obviously not him.

who is it, then?

soon, all of the ginger cats in the clan were brought into eaglestar's den except foxkit; he was too lost in grief to come out of the nursery. poor kit.

i looked at brackensun. she still looked skinny and weak and tired. she was staring at the ground. but there was nothing on the ground. she's probably thinking again.

"leafheart, do you know anything about the murder?" leafheart shook his head. "i was in camp eating prey when i heard he was missing." eaglestar nodded. "you're dismissed."

leafheart left then den. "larkflight, what do you know?" larkflight confidently met eaglestar's amber eyes. "i was on a hunting patrol with grayclaw, crowfur, and rockmist. i didn't learn about nettletalon's disappearance until after, sir."

eaglestar nodded, dismissing the tom. "amberfoot? do you know anything?" amberfoot looked behind him and avoided his eyes. "no, i was on a border patrol with... sootwatcher and spottedshadow."

eaglestar narrowed his amber eyes. they glistened angrily. "lies! you and spottedshadow are both lily den warriors. there would have to be tulip den warrior, one clover den warrior, and one lily den warrior on each border patrol," he huffed.

"honeyivy, go bring me sootwatcher and spottedshadow." eaglestar hissed, not taking his eyes off amberfoot. she looked at the ground. i headed out of the den, looking around for the two warriors.