Chapt6. right now

Felix walked out of the classroom and Hyejin followed carefully behind. "Oh yeah. Were you born in Korea?" She suddenly asked.

Felix looked back at her. "Why?"

"You didn't even know we give out rice cakes when we move."

Felix shrugged. "Yeah. I was born in Australia."

"Ohh. It makes sense now. By the way, who were those guys at your house?"

"My friends." He responded. Friends? Well, you have weird friends. At least they're not fake.

* * *

They've reached the rooftop of the school and Hyejin was so fascinated. There was a tent and inside it were pillows, blankets, and plushies. There were chairs around and potted plants almost everywhere. Fresh air. Clear sky. Everything seemed so perfect and cozy.

"The school is actually pretty nice." Hyejin commented.

"I guess." Felix reached for a bottle of coke.

"...except that there's coke bottles everywhere." Hyejin said, as she kicked a bottle that was in her way.

"Changbin does all the cleaning, but he doesn't come here often these days

"Changbin does all the cleaning, but he doesn't come here often these days."

Maybe because he's tired of this mess... geez. What's so bad about throwing away a bottle you drink. It's not that hard. Even my little brother can do that. "He cleans?"

Felix stared at her. "Yes. Is that surprising?"

"I don't know. He looks intimidating and charismatic... you just made me imagine him as a house...wife. I don't know how to feel."

The door to the roof suddenly flung open. "Oh! It's you." Seungmin pointed at Hyejin.

"Uh. Hey?" Hyejin replied.

"Hi, hyung. I lied to the teacher that I was going to the bathroom but I came here to get my homework done in five minutes." Seungmin stated proudly. Bruh. Felix was searching for something and he nodded his head at Seungmin.

Hyejin heard Seungmin whisper to Felix. "Felix hyung, why is she here? Jihyo noona might get mad if you bring a girl here."

"It'll be quick." Felix replied as he found something and sighed in relief. What was that?

* * *

Hyejin, Ara, and Sohye were walking home together while eating vanilla ice cream.

(Everyday is ice cream season, am I right?)

Ara's eyes suddenly widened as she pointed to the boys ahead of them. Stray Kids. Sohye automatically glared and asked to cross the street.

"They are so adorable and handsome. I can't believe I'm in the same school as them. I wish I could be able to date them." Ara stated as her ice cream slowly melted.

"Why would you? They would just dump or cheat on you like it's nothing." Sohye spat and Ara pouted.

Hyejin attempted to switch the topic and lift up the mood. "Can we talk about something else?"

Ara gleamed. "Jeon Jeongguk is so adorable."

Sohye grumbled. "Can we stop talking about celebrities or popular people in general?"

Before Ara could start another topic, a basketball hit her shoulder, and her ice cream dropped on the floor. Ara was so shocked. "My ice cream!"

"I didn't do it. Minho, it's your fault."
"That wasn't me. It was Jeongin."
"Hyung, stop lying. You did that."
"Whatever. Who cares?"

"Are you okay?" Hyejin quietly asked Ara. Ara nodded her head, but Sohye has already stomped toward the boys.

"Aren't you guys going to pay?"

"It's not all of us. It was Minho." Seungmin told her.

"Sohye! It's fine. I don't think I would've finished it anyways."

"I don't care. They didn't even apologize."

"Fine. Sorry. I'll pay for the ice cream, alright?" Minho said.

"You hit her arm."

"I don't know how to pay for that. Should I bring her to a hospital? I doubt that it's that serious but anything for a pretty lady." A few of the boys giggled in the background, which angered Sohye even more.

"Sohye, it's okay! Thank you but it's really fine-"

"How are you going to pay for breaking my friend?"

"What?"

"You don't even remember. One year ago, you dated my best friend and dumped her just like that."

Minho paused for a minute. "Ah! Shin Eunsoo." Hyejin pitied Sohye, so she grabbed Sohye's arm and dragged her away. "She said she wanted to break up."

Sohye froze. "What?"

Minho felt bad for her. "She told me she liked me so I was like why not? She later told me that she realized she didn't like me and liked someone else so she asked to break up so I was like sure." There were more giggles in the background. Hyejin and Ara glared at the other boys and they stopped. "She asked me to not say anything about our break up but I would have never thought she would lie to you like that." Sohye stared at the ground, not budging a bit.

"Can we go now?" Seungmin asked in the middle of the silence.

Jeongin gave him a light slap. "You're so mean."

"What? I just wanna go home and listen to Twice."

"Well, I'll be going now. Good luck." Minho said, as he walked away with the rest of Stray Kids.

"Ara, Hyejin."

"Yeah??" They responded in unison.

"I'm heading home alone. Sorry to bother."

"Okay. Text us." Ara said and Sohye nodded.

published
041418