X

The dreaded night of the dreaded prom arrives. 

I stand in front of the mirror, tying and re-tying my tie a million times. I don't know why. It's not as if I'm trying to impress anyone.

Standing against the wall at the prom, watching everyone else have the time of their lives, I can't help but picture me and Louis out on the dance floor together. What could've been if he hadn't ditched me the day after telling me he loved me.

Towards the end of the night, the student council president comes up on the stage. 

"And now, the moment you've all been waiting for, the crowning of 2018's prom king and queen!" She chirps. She smiles at the audience's uproar. 

"This year's prom queen is...Stephanie Jones!" A chorus of hoots and hollers erupts from the crowd. I don't know why everyone is acting so surprised. As the head cheerleader, she was expected to win.

"And our prom king is...Louis Tomlinson!" The crowd cheers. I half-sarcastically clap for him. 

"Now, it's time for our prom king to give a speech," the girl says. This should be good, I think with a smirk. 

"I don't know why you guys want me to be your prom king. I don't deserve it." Louis begins. Everyone in the crowd, including me, gasps. "The past few weeks, I've been hurting the person that I love the most. I deserve nothing but shame for that," he continues. Oh my God, I think. Is he talking about...me? "There's something that I should've told you guys a long time ago. I'm gay. There. I said it. I'm not gonna hide it anymore. Laugh at me all you want, I don't care. Because if hiding my true self hurts someone I love, then I'm not gonna hide myself anymore. There's someone who I met a few months ago. He hated me at first, and I totally understand why. It's because my clique has treated his clique like dirt. This whole clique drama? Time to end it. But that's a whole other speech."

Holy crap, I think. He is talking about me.

"I wasn't doing too hot in Chemistry, and Coach threatened to kick me off the team if I didn't bring my grades up. Because football is practically my whole life, I knew I had to do it. So this guy became my tutor. Not only did he teach me about balancing equations, but he also taught me what it feels like to really love someone. I fell in love with my tutor. I knew right off the bat that he was my soulmate. But I kept my mouth shut because I knew he didn't reciprocate my feelings. I was also afraid of what my classmates would say if they knew I was gay. But I'm not afraid of what you think anymore, because I'm sick of hurting this amazing guy because I feel the need to hide the way I feel about him. I don't need your stupid crown. I just need him." Louis' voice cracks, and I can tell he's holding back tears. I'm bawling like baby. 

"I love you, Harry. I love you more than I ever have and ever will love anything else. You are the anchor to my rope, the rose to my dagger. I need you. You complete me. I am so sorry for the way I've behaved these past couple weeks. If you'll take me back, I promise I'll treat you right." Louis says. Before I can fully comprehend what I'm doing, I'm running on stage and kissing Louis like it's the last time I'll ever kiss a soul. 

"I see you, Louis Tomlinson. Clear as day." I say to Louis.

"And I see you, Harry Styles. Crystal clear." Louis says to me.

                                                                                                      THE END