four

you

I almost grunted as I skipped down the auditorium stairs towards Mr Howell. He was a gorgeous guy, no doubt, but I knew my nerves couldn't handle the upcoming conversation.
"Yes, sir?" I leaned against the wall, facing his desk. He finished typing on his laptop, his tongue slightly poking out the end of his mouth. It was adorable, I couldn't deny it, but his time to reply to my was becoming slowly aggravating. I fidgeted where I was standing and hopefully the scuffing noise of my shoes would grab his attention. It worked and he looked towards me, still typing.
"Patience, I'll be all yours in a second." Mr Howell responded with a smile. His comment sent a million chills up my spine and I knew there was no concealing the blush that was spread on my heated face.
"The book you submitted for your coursework seems a bit peculiar, (y/n). Milk and Honey? Tell me about that." He completely turned to face me in his desk chair but gestured for me to sit down in front of him. I just parked myself on the steps and sighed pretty loudly, leading Mr Howell to begin a small giggling fit. After a cough, he stopped and faced me once again; a smile was still plastered on his face and it was completely contagious. I smiled back and tried to hide it by looking down. Giving myself a few seconds to recover, I began to finally speak.
"Milk And Honey. It's an awful lot about the journey of love. Emphasising on heartbreak, much like my own life." I shrugged, being completely real with my lecturer. It hit me that Mr Howell could almost get a pretty good insight on my lonely life as of right now.
I could see he was thinking. He looked between me and his hands and the floor. He rubbed his chin and sighed, as if he could relate or was feeling sympathy for me. I didn't really want my English tutor to feel sorry for me and my love life.
"Well we cant be having that now, can we?" He finally spoke up. I didn't know what to make of that comment and I sat in complete silence after giving him a smile and a little laugh.
Mr Howell stood up in front of me and held out his hand. I took it and he helped me stand up from the steps.
"I've kept you behind for too long. People must be waiting." He retreated to his seat and didn't look at me in his goodbye.
"Maybe. And don't worry, no one is." I sarcastically sighed and I began escalating the auditorium steps.
Looking back as I reached the door, I caught Mr Howell just turning away from looking at me.
Almost as if he didn't want me to leave...