Chapter 32 [Something For The Pain]

Sam POV

A few days had passed and Dan was released from the hospital, under the circumstances that he rest. The tour would begin again in a few days and he was refusing to cancel shows, which meant I had to play the piano at the shows. His ankle had healed enough for him to limp so by the time we had a show he'd be able to walk. His arms though would be healing for months. The broken arm lucky would only be a mere four weeks. As for the hand that was completely shattered only god knows how long it would take. 

I woke up on the tour bus beside Dan who was still fast asleep. He was doing better. Much better in fact. His face was back to its normal colour and the bruises were now just small light purple areas. I carefully got out of our bunk and went downstairs, noticing Kyle was up and working on his laptop.

"You know you should sleep more." I mumbled before going to the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water before sitting down beside him. He shrugged slightly before looking at me and smiling.

"You know...I thought that if we didn't find you this would be over. Dan would be gone. He'd never be himself again. Once he saw you in that hospital room though...he just came back..You don't even understand how those months were without you. He didn't even slip up on drugs like I thought. He was so focused on looking for you that nothing else mattered. I mean he did the shows, but he didn't do anything special. As soon as it was over if he wasn't going to sleep he would go on the laptop with Alex and they would start searching through any little piece of information they could get their hands on. He loves you and that night...I didn't watch him like I said I would." He lowered his head before I nudged him and smiled for a moment.

"Kyle...Though my life has just begun I've been through so much with Dan already and to know that he did so much to look for me. To know he actually cares so much, makes everything better."

"He worried though. About having you on stage and the women getting angry over it. He's not worried about losing fans, its just they're not too kind and maybe when they get backstage they'll be extra frisky. I just don't want them to upset what we've just fixed." I nodded slowly as I thought what to say.

"I think I'll probably go back to the bus, but I do trust Dan. Lets just enjoy this last part of the tour alright?" I smiled before taking a sip of my water as he laughed then hugged me.

"We missed your positive attitude Sam and I know Alex needed you almost as much as Dan while you were gone."

"I'm sure we all needed each other equally. Trust me. My time away wasn't all rainbows and sunshine." I lowered my eyes, as Stacey's death crossed my mind. 

"Hey what are you two doing up?" I looked up seeing Dan wobble down the stairs before sititng beside me. His hair was a mess. Shocker. 

"We were just talking Daniel...."

"I have an idea!" Kyle ran down the hall, his cat shirt was meowing as he ran, making Dan and I laugh before he returned with a keyboard and sat it on Dan and I's laps. "Why not play a song together at the show? Why not sing together?!" His mouth opened wide as he put his hands on either side of his head before sitting across from us. I looked at Dan before looking at Kyle. I couldn't sing! 

"Dan I...I can't sing"

"O sure you can! Give it a try...lets do...Oblivion...its nice and slow and we can sit down and play it together on stage. You can play what I cant. I can play with one hand and you can play with one...3...2...1" He started moving his fingers along the keys as I did before his voice mixed with mine and filled the bus with sound.

"When you fall asleep...with your head upon my shoulder...when you're in my arms...and you've gone somewhere...deeper. Are going to age with grace? Are you going to age without mistake?...."It just flowed perfectly, singing with Dan. Our voice mixed together like the sounds in the wind. We sung together the whole song and by the time it was done everyone had come downstairs to watch. The bus filled with the sound of clapping and cheers.

"I knew you could sing!" Dan kisses me softly before I laughed and blushed the colour of a tomato and hid my face against his shoulder. "Its settled! She's the temporary piano player and singer of Oblivion with me." He smirks and kisses the top of my head. I had never felt so much happiness in my life. Surround by friends and family. Though I was already nervous about playing with Bastille. It would be a life changing experience for sure.