Chapter 42 [Maps]

Maps by Maroon 5

You all are gonna hate me for what is going to happen :X Comment!

This story is only gonna have a few more chapters! Though knowing me I'll start a new story after this one and I'll also go through and correct these chapters for errors >.<

Sam POV

Weeks had passed since I'd been under Hanks care and from what I could remember I was roughly 25 weeks into my whale life. I thought Dan would have found us by now and my stress would melt away, yet it seems wherever Hank had been keeping us was sufficient enough to hide from the police.

I woke up to the feeling of the baby kicking around in my stomach and the intense pain originating from my head. Hank had locked me in a bedroom, I assumed in the basement from the lack of windows. I carefully sat up, groaning from the pain that I was feeling in my back now. I barely had the energy to sit up at this point. I placed a hand on my stomach before laying back down, trying to keep my eyes open. I looked at the little journal I'd been keeping, but had no energy to write in anymore.

"Hey in there...your father is going to save us and he's going to sing you to sleep every night...we'll have a life you deserve and I promise it will be safe...Charlotte or Khaleesi... mmm boy names Kamden Kristofer Kenan...if only your father was here to pick" I whispered before licking my lips to speak. "Dan is your dad's name...how I wish he could be here right now for us." I couldn't bare to speak anymore, nausea was beginning to arise from the increase of pain. I tried to sit up as Hank walked into the room, holding food and water on a tray.

"The doctor and nurse will be here soon to help with the delivery...seems its happening early." He sat the food down before smirking slightly. "They say sometimes mother's don't always survive early births nor does the child, however it has a better chance in this case."

"You won't get away with any of this..." I said softly before he left the room. The pain moved from my back to my stomach, getting more intense as it moved. I grabbed the glass of water and quickly drank it, not thinking of who had supplied it before it was gone. My eyes got heavy again before it all went dark.

Dan POV

The police had finally had a breakthrough and were escorting Kyle and I to a location they believed Sam was now. Leo and Don were in a car behind ours. Alex had been sentenced to bed rest considering she was so close to having her and Kyle's son whom they planned to name Shaun. I couldn't bare to look at Alex without thinking about Sam.

I looked out of the police window before taking a deep breath and turning my attention to Kyle who looked almost as stressed as me. I nudged him slightly and tried to smile, but it came out as the most awkward facial expression I'd ever made.

"You...You think we'll find her today?"

"I hope Dan. Alex can't handle this...none of us can."

"I need her to be okay...I can't even sleep anymore Kyle..." I spoke in a whisper, my leg bouncing before I raked my fingers through my hair. I thought my heart had stopped once we parked outside of a townhouse that looked as if it was falling apart, nearly falling to pieces and boarded up. I pulled my jacket sleeves down before getting out as the police ran up to the house to speak with the officers on the scene. An ambulance was close by and people were being taken out in handcuffs and had some blood on them. Then there was the man that caused it all. Hank Coin, murderer and kidnapper of my fianceé and unborn baby.

"Sir follow us inside." An officer called to me, my legs were already guiding me to the door, the three others followed behind me. I felt tears in my eyes hearing the cries of a baby somewhere close by.

"I want to see my child and my wife" I said in a raspy voice. My mouth was so dry that I could barely speak. I looked around seeing the paramedics wheel a fragile looking woman out, hanging onto her life it seemed. It was Sam. I tried to rush to her, but the officer stopped me mid run.

"They need to get her to the hospital. We'll take you, but first..." She motioned to the paramedic left in the room, holding the source of the crying. I nearly broke down in tears catching sight of Sam and I's child. I quickly walked over and stood there in aw before I was handed the newborn baby boy.

"The woman...the mother...she kept saying the names Kamden and Kenan..."

"Kenan..welcome to the world Kenan." I gently placed my forehead against his, tears sliding down my cheeks as he just rested in my hands in his blanket. I looked to Kyle and smiled slightly before following the paramedic to the other ambulance to meet Sam at the hospital. I didn't know the painful truth of what had happened to her yet, only that our son was brought into this world and now safe in my arms.

Once we arrived at the hospital the doctors took Kenan to get check out and left Kyle and I sitting in the waiting room with Leo and Don. We were all quiet, a mix of joy and worried filled us all. The doctor walked out and cleared his throat before looking towards me.

"Your wife...she was put on medications and handled inproperly by those who delivered your son...she is alive...however, this isn't easy to tell you. She's been put in a medically induced coma to save her body from any more damage. Hopefully we can operate soon, once her body gets to a more stabilized state. The consistent blows to the head may mean there is more damage to internal organs that what we can see. What I'm saying is, Mr. Smith, I don't exactly have a date for when she might wake up and be fully herself again."

~Cliffhanger..... and there is gonna be a time jump at the beginning of the next chapter like this one. So...couple months or a year? ~