25|The Aftermath

John

I woke up, and stretched as I winced in pain from my neck.

I had slept against the door the whole night.

But what woke me up, was a dark girl in a light tan sweater, trying to quietly get out of the house.

I got up, and decided I should talk to her.

When I stepped off of the porch, it seemed to be drizzling slightly.

I sprinted over to her, and reached out to her.

"Hey! Where are you going?" She got startled, and looked disappointed because she didn't want to be caught.

I suddenly realized.

"Hey! You're that popular black chick! Theo, right?" I said, a snarky look on my face because she was part of the 'assholes'.

Aka the 'mean girl wannabes'.

She looked back at me, a hurt and offended look on her face.

"Excuse me? You're going to be an ass to be because I'm popular?-" I cut her off.

"I'm being an ass to you bedside you're group is filled with assholes." I responded coldly.

The rain started to pick up, faster and faster.

I look around to see if Alex's car was still there, but no luck.

He had already left.

I sighed, as I looked down at the girl.

She looked ashamed.

"Listen, Theo. You need to stop acting like you're so perfect."

"MY LIFE'S NOT PERFECT EITHER!" She yelled, sobbing

"Other people have problems too, ya know. I don't have the best life, just because I'm POPULAR. There are things in my life that go on, that have left me depressed. Plus, just leave me alone!" She walked off, sobbing.

She got into her friends car, and sat in the passenger seat, hugging her knees, and crying.

I felt bad.

She knew how I felt.

I sighed.

I really shouldn't assume things.

I feel like an ass now.

I requested an uber, because I just wanted to get the hell out of there.

It finally came, 30 minutes later.

It took me off to school, and I sighed, as I got out with a major hangover.