Chapter 4:"When Thunder Strikes!"

Sometimes the whispers of the devil,

creates a devil in human skin.

***

Location: Istanbul (Turkey)

10:00am

"Baba!" The eleven year old exclaimed in pain. Her green eyes were shining with tears as she waited for her dad to come and aid her. Small whimpers escaped her soft pink lips and soon the sound of footsteps were heard.

"Janam, what happened?" The concerned father crouched beside his little daughter as he looked for injuries. Judging from the swelling and redness that surrounded her ankle, he knew she had twisted it.

"I fell," mumbled the girl. Shaking his head at her carelessness, he smiled and kissed her forehead. Gathering her in his strong arms, the father walked back inside the house and placed his little one on the plush sofa before making his way to get some ice and ointment.

"I failed again Baba," She muttered under her breath and looked down in embarrassment. She loved to ride bicycle and her father had gotten her one a few days ago. She was trying every day to learn how to ride it but still there was no luck. She felt really disappointed and was now on the verge of giving it up. Pouting, her green eyes met with her father's grey ones, who was smiling softly at her.

"It's okay," He whispered and gently treated her wound. She winced but didn't cry for she was a strong one and she knew that she is capable of handling this pain after all her father was a soldier.

"You say this everyday but it's not okay!" She cried, "everyone knows how to ride a bicycle and even my friends, they know it too. I am the only one in this neighborhood who is still struggling baba and it makes me feel like a failure!" New set of tears rolled down her chubby cheeks as she complained to her father about her sorrows. Her father sighed and wrapped up her ankle, he sat beside her, holding her small hands in his big ones, "You know how Prophet Muhammad ﷺ faced all his failures?" He asked his daughter who was looking at him dejectedly, "Yes, baba." She sniffed, nodding her head.

"Did he let his failures give up his cause?" He raised a brow at her and he knew the answer was a no as his daughter shook her head.

"Then why are you giving up riding your bicycle just because you have failed?"

"Because I am just a simple human being. He was a Prophet Baba but I am just a little girl." She told him what was she feeling and her father smiled at her innocence.

"Was he not a human? Did he have some super powers?" He questioned her so gently that she stopped and pondered over his question.

"No, he was a human." She looked into his grey eyes which were shining with wisdom and she wanted to know what her father was trying to say to her.

"You are from his ummat(nation) Minahil. Our Prophet never taught us to give up because of failures. He had taught us to fight and conquer those failures because he knew we are capable enough. Failure does not mean you are a loser, it only means you are a human who is trying to succeed," He stopped before continuing, "Yes, we are not prophets but we are the ummati of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ. He is our leader and we should look up to him. We are not weak but strong because he was the strongest. It's okay if you are struggling with riding your bicycle but you are trying and every day you are getting better than yesterday and that's what matters!"