Chapter 7:"A Lover Of His Beloved!"

The tides of the ocean,

The grains of the sand,

The years of devotion,

The Book yet to comprehend,

The soul now stolen,

The heart fulfilling commands,

The dance as a token,

The reunion already planned,

The lover of The One,

The eyes now understand,

The soul in His possession,

The free imprisoned man.

-anatolius

***

Location: Kabul (Afghanistan)

6:00pm

The sun was setting. Soon darkness would approach the streets of Kabul, letting terror linger in the hearts of those who had conspired against humanity but still the vile creatures wouldn't take heed from the sins that were slowly beginning to poison their hearts, leaving it an abode for the devil.

Zaahid stood on the roof of his small house. It was a cheap neighborhood, where man of all kinds mingled. The structure of his home was barely standing. Different wires loitered on his roof, some had cloths hung over them, waiting to dry. A cloth was tied at the entrance. He wore a Pashtun attire and was busy taking drags from the burning cigar every now and then. He was a man in hiding and what better way to conceal ones identity then living with the unknown part of community.

"Malik (Boss)," A voice called out, disrupting the peace, "Aap se koi milnay aaya hai, (Someone has come to meet you.)" Zaahid turned around. His black hawk like eyes locked with the light brown ones.

"Bulalo, Jamshed. (Let them in, Jamshed)" He ordered and that was all Jamshed needed before he disappeared behind the curtain and minutes later emerged with the guest.

"Salam Baba," Zaahid stopped in the middle of taking another drag as he heard the voice. A smile graced his chapped lips, seeing the young man standing a few feet away from him.

"Batal," He acknowledged, slapping on his son's back as soon as he stood before him,"Mujhe maloom tha tum mujh tak pohanch hi jaogay, (I knew you were going to reach me,)"

A look of glee crossed in Batal's eyes. It had been years since he had last seen his Baba, a man whom he cherished more than life itself. Now as they both stood together, they became a force to be reckoned with. Even the darkness wanted to hide from the two man who stood side by side, looking at each other in the utmost joy.

***

Minahil sighed, closing the door behind her. She had finished taking up notes for another meeting of the day and now was free to enjoy lunch with her beloved coworkers, who were already waiting for her downstairs, in the café. She quickly walked to her desk and put the freshly jotted down notes on it and then made her way to the elevator, already imagining the delicious food that was soon going to be filled in her stomach.

"Here!" Minahil heard a voice, as soon as she had stepped into the now bustling cafeteria. The Muslimah's eyes crinkled showing her smile, hidden behind her veil and hurriedly she walked to where Hazem and Delilah were sitting with her food already there on the table. She still can't believe how fortunate she was to have these two in her life, making work a little easier and bearing.