Chapter 8: In the mid-air

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

[76]

December 6... Their marked day had come. Vincent came in and signed their class leader's attendance list at 7AM. Hannah and Rose came in and signed the list at 8PM.

"Hannah, you're late. We're not going. LOL!"

"Hah hah! Good. Now, what do we do?"

"But, we can still do it. *wink* "

"HERE?! What the heck are you talking about?"

"I meant we can still escape. Hey, Rose! What's up?"

"I'm bored. I want to go home and sleep. When I wake up, I'll finish the assignment Rina had given me."

"Well, good luck. I mean, GOD BLESS."

"Thank you. Take care of Hannah when I'm gone."

"What kind of 'gone'?"

"Are you killing me?"

"Of course not!", then Hannah laughs behind them.

"Well, let's sit there on the bench and pretend to do something."

"OK, sir.", the ladies replied and they sat there, pretending to write something on their notebooks. One of Vincent's friends said 'hi'. He replied,

"Hey! What's new, sis? Oh, meet my girlfriend. Hannah."

"Oh, hello! How are you? Is this creep treating you well?"

"Hmmm, not exactly. Hahaha!"

"AAAAHHH, you're abusive or what? Haha!

Just kidding! What are you doing here? The school is busy."

"Well, we're not in the mood to join anything. We can't handle too many things. You know me. Heh heh... And she's the subleader for our thesis. We're just as busy as anyone else here."

"Then, if that's the case, that's excusable. Oh, I gotta go. My teammates are waiting."

"You're late again?! You're the tardiness queen!"

"Shut it! *running* Byyyyeee!"

"Bye!"

Hannah asked him, "who's that?"

"My former classmate when I studied a year earlier than you."

"Oh... right. You're from the earlier batch."

"Yep. It was fun. But, naaah. Forget them. They didn't bring me any good thing. I did things with my bandmates who were my classmates too."

"Bitter. Haha! Anyway, where do we eat?"

Rose interrupted, "I wanna go hoooooome..."

"We'll walk with you. Come on, you."

"Alright, love."

[77]

While they were walking on the hanging bridge, Vincent is kicking it secretly to scare the ladies he was walking with.

"I hate this bridge!!! Is this cursed?! Everytime we walk here, it shakes!", Hannah shouted while she's holding on to Vincent. He's laughing in his mind everytime he does that trick that he usually uses in his sport. After they had passed the shaky bridge (which Vincent usually shakes), the three waited for a bus and let Rose ride it. The couple returned inside the resort to watch their classmates play the team-building games for a while. When they got bored, they walked around the island, talking about the future. When they got bored again, they decided to go to the nearest mall to look around. Bored, again... While they were walking, he remembered something.