Chapter 15

<£££>

Chapter 15

Krystina's POV

I close the door behind me and shove the CD into my bag. I decide to walk to the fine arts center to avoid Jesse. I scroll through Aubrey's phone with a smile. The photos of Hayden and Ellie sleeping on the couch, the photos of Aubrey and Hayden doing stuff together, it give me something to smile about.

"Krystina?" I turn and see a boy running up to me. "Wow, you look great. How are you?" I raise my eyebrows.

"I'm well. I'm sorry do I know you?" He laughs and shakes his head.

"No, I was on the baseball team with Hayden and Aiden though. Austin."

"Oh, hi Austin."

"So what are you doing here? Is Aiden here?" I look at the floor and swallow hard.

"No he's not. Could you please keep it between us that I'm here by myself? Aiden would freak out if he knew I went out alone." Austin laughs and nods.

"Sure thing. So where are you going?"

"Well I was gonna walk back to Aiden's house."

"You walked? Well how about I give you a ride?" I bite my lip and take his offer into consideration.

"Alright. Thanks."

"No problem." We walk to his car in silence. I look over to the music halls parking lot and see Jesse leaning against his car. I can't help but feel bad but if I go over there he'll interrogate me to no end. Austin opens the door for me with a smile. "M'lady." I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Thank you good sir." He laughs and closes the door behind me. He slides into the drivers seat and turns on the radio and ignition.

"So how are you feeling?" I turn to Austin, his eyes fixated on the road.

"I'm feeling alright. Happy for now."

"For now?" Oops.

"Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain, so odds are it could come back." Austin nods.

"So do you have many memories?" I shrug.

"I have a few. Right now I'm making more memories."

"That's great, out with the old and in with the new." I laugh and nod.

"I suppose so." I see a scar on his hand that slides half way up his forearm. "Was that from a sport?" Austin looks down at his scar.

"No, that one was actually my own stupidity. I broke into a house and I sliced my arm up on glass from a broken window."

"Why did you break into the house?"

"I was a rebel in high school." I laugh. Austin is actually a really cool guy.

"Are you upset?" I see Austin raise an eyebrow.

"About?"

"About Aiden and Hayden leaving teams because of me?" Austin shakes his head.

"Definitely not. You were a friend of Aiden's little sister, they got to know you and they fell in love with you. Aiden was never one to settle down before you popped into their lives. Do you wish they didn't stay with you?" I bite my lip and look at my hands, I've honestly never thought about that.

"I don't know. I guess there are upsides and downsides to them staying with me. I've never thought about it." Austin looks at me for the first time since we got in the car.

"I can see why Aiden fell for you. Not the whole reason why but underneath all the makeup and dark baggy clothes, you actually look really good." I feel a blush rise to my cheeks and I run my hands over my scarred arms. Austin looks at my arms and back at the road. "Have you done it lately?" I know what he's taking about.

"Done what?"

"Nevermind." Austin pulls into the driveway and sighs. "Here's your stop. Hopefully we can talk again." I smile and nod.

"Hopefully." I open the door and step out. I'm about to close the car door when a thought popped into my head. "What would you say to a little get together? The baseball and hockey teams can meet up and all of you can see Aiden and Hayden again."

"That's a good idea. You set up the time and place baby girl and I'll get everyone there." Austin pulls out a pen and a piece of paper, he writes his number down and hands the paper to me. "Just text me or call me and tell me what you decide."

"Alright, in that case I'll see you soon." He smiles and nods.

"You're a great girl Krystina. I kinda wish I beat Aiden to the punch." I feel a blush rise to my cheeks again. He laughs. "See you later."

"Bye." I wave and close the door. I hear him pull out of the driveway as I walk into the house. I see Ellie and Jonas on the floor of the living room and Aubrey on the couch writing something. "Hey." She looks up at me with a smile.

"Hey. Did you have fun?" I laugh and shake my head.

"In a way." I sit beside Aubrey and lean back. "What would you say to a little get together at your house?"

Aiden's POV

I hold the ring between my fingers with a smile. "Aubrey's gonna love it." I hand it back to Hayden as he hands me Krystina's ring. It's a simple ring with a hue of blue, I don't have to be her boyfriend, let alone her friend to know her favorite color is blue.

"And Krystina is gonna be more in love with the ring than you when you hand it to her." I laugh and stick the ring back into the box.

"Ready to go boys? Aubrey said she and Krystina want to go to the book store." Hayden scoffs.

"Aubrey wants to go to the book store?"

"I think Krystina talked her into it." I say with a laugh. My mom nods and shrugs her shoulders.

"Krystina has a way with words." I can't help but smile. I remember the morning after Halloween after we had our first intimate encounter, she talked me into buying churros. We both bought at least $20 worth of churros each.

"Well whenever captain spacey is ready." I punch Hayden's shoulder and walk out of the jewelry shop thinking about that Halloween night.

She clearly had no clue what to do but nonetheless she did what she could. Being the typical guy in this relationship you'd think if be wanting or eager to do it again, but in all honesty; that one night was enough to last me the rest of my life. It was with her and it was perfect.

I slide into the back seat after Hayden yelled "shotgun" and ran into my car. I pull the box out of my pocket again and open it, scanning the ring.

Another miracle has happened since Krystina came into all of our lives. Aiden Masters found love in the depressed amnesiac girl, Hayden Reed found love in his best friends little sister and even my mom is moving on from my dad and finally able to share her life with another guy.