Departure, at last.

The once postcard perfect city was now a sickening sight to the boys. The broken city became a parasite and a reminder to the group of all that had happened. The modified Regalia flew over once more to give them one final look. LunaFreya's body was transported by the Glaive and will be given a proper burial once everything was over with. Her blood still stained the backseats of the Regalia where Prompto and Noctis sat, staring out of the windows and looking down at the ruins. The water was still now and stopped rising, but it still drowned the smaller buildings, only the uppermost levels of the city managed to survive. The only life that remained were the crippling corpses of the corrupted MTs that were left to die after slaughtering hundreds of innocents. Prompto closed his eyes and scrunched his face up in disgust. The air hung heavy in the cabin of the Regalia. Noct felt disappointment in himself for not protecting the people or Luna and he clearly showed this through his agitated body language. Prompto noticed and drifted his hand towards Noct's, griping tightly on his gloved hand and knuckles to stop him from moving them. They looked up and gave each other saddened glances.

At last, Iggy guided the Regalia away from the rising smoke and flames of the city and headed back towards the main land of Lucis. Noctis had a new goal in mind, not only to find the man behind the reprogramming of the MT's, but the capture of Ardyn. The prince was now king and needed to protect the citizens, which meant the Corruption of the empire's army came before his revenge on Luna's murderer. He was oblivious to the fact that Prompto meant his words, and the naive boy was in fact preparing himself to kill Ardyn with his own hands. Prompto was going to find away as he was aware that normal weapons won't kill an immortal.

To raise the mood slightly, Gladio reached out for the radio which was a rare occasion since he barely sits in the passenger seat; despite his size. A well known song began playing which reminded them all of the capital city itself and the bustling city. They all filled their minds up with images of the gigantic grey skyscrapers, and the multicoloured billboards that were attached to them. The advertisements that played all day and night for super cars and fashion trends to the small food shack around the corner in Chinatown that served the most delicious pork skewers. The nostalgic smell filled their noses with sizzling pork and a rainbow of spices. Finally, their hearts were warming once more and a smirk was put on each of their faces.

Noctis was the first to speak out, " Hehe, this reminds me of that time that I took you around the main part of the city for the first time, Prompto."

"I don't remember this?" Prompto shifted his eyes from the clouds to Noct.

"I took you to that sushi restaurant super late at night and then we walked around for a little while...-" Noct was describing the night before Prompto cut him off.

"Wait, wait! No it's totally fine, I remember now!" Prompto awkwardly laughed.

"That sounds awfully suspicious..." Ignis watched Prompto in the mirror.

"What do you mean...?" Prompto giggled awkwardly again, his face blushing pink.

"Anything we should know?" Gladio turned to face Noct who was keeping his mouth shut.

"No... nothing at all. It was a normal night, just showing the city to Prompto." Noct's tone suspiciously went up and down pitches as he spoke.

"Right..." Gladio didn't believe him.

Prompto kicked Noct's boot in secret in attempts to change the subject.

Noct coughed which made everything more suspicious. Prompto facepalmed and closed his eyes for a while in embarrassment.

"One day you shall tell us the story." Iggy watched and giggled as he noticed the two blushing.

"Maybe after a few drinks." Noct laughed.