Aftermath

He stood where she stood almost a year ago. Before him a pearl white coffin with red stained roses laid on top. Red, like her lips. Everyone was staring at him as he stood silently on the podium, remembering her smile.

He didn't bother to wipe the tears away as he looked at the crowd. Tiny Drew was silently sobbing in the front, still unable to lay his rose. Behind him was a red eyed George Weasley, who Draco hadn't expected though he knew the story he shared with the girl. Next to George was Ron and Harry Potter.

Minutes after everything happened that night, Ministry officials had spilled into the room to find dozens of frozen criminals and the sobbing Draco over a still Hestia. Harry had apparently convinced the Minister the threat was real. Just not fast enough.

"Hestia..." Draco started, wincing immediately.
The Minister had declared that Hestia deserved the burial of a hero so he paid for and organized the funeral. Dozens of reporters with cameras and unknown faces were behind the main group. People who never knew Hestia or were never kind to her.

"She deserved more." Draco said softly. "The most talented witch since Merlin yet before this year most of you didn't know her name. Her name was Hestia and she is here because you failed her. I failed..."

Draco was cut off as the wailing of Everest and the rest of the house elves grew too loud that they were all that filled the air. Soon they felt bad for interrupting and disappeared home. Things were silent and expecting again.
Hestia hated silence. She would always ramble when things got too quiet. She said the world was never meant to be empty of something as lively as noise.

"I will not allow your fear to take any more away. You took her life because you were afraid of the truth. The name Blackwell was burned with hatred but Hestia Blackwell was kind. She was strong. She was the flower the people of the Wizarding world neglected."

When Draco first returned to the manor, having no clue where else to go but his home, he was met by Duck. The black kitten followed him for hours begging for an explanation. It was only when Draco fell on the floor in heartbreaking sobs that the kitten got his answer. He attacked Draco at first, with an anger for what he saw as Draco's neglect.

Then he too cried before disappearing.
Though late every night, when the kitten thought Draco was asleep, he would return home. He sat by the front door of the manor and cried as he waited for the girl to come home, even though she never would. At the top of the staircase sat Draco, listening to the kittens cries as his fell silent on his own lips.

"Hestia had this hope that one day people would stop hiding in the shadows like she had all her life. Hiding in fear. Hestia fought at the Battle of Hogwarts. She saved more people than anyone else that night. Did you even know her face? Her beauty and wisdom?" Draco yelled frustratingly.

The day after the incident, Draco lost himself in his work on the Orphanage. He turned the dark Blackwell mansion into a White Castle of haven. Though Hestia's inheritance was left to Draco he put it all into the future that Hestia dreamed of. The future of everyone who deserved better.

"Hestia Cruciata Blackwell. May we reunite in the night sky." Draco whispered before depositing his white rose and walking away from her coffin without another word. He glanced down at the empty vile he found in her pocket that night, the vile that never had a drop potion of luck.

When he got home the memory of her danced around. It teasingly whispered in his ear and asked him to dance. Her laugh led him down to the basement. He stared at the door in a gaping emptiness, before Hestia's memory guided his hand to open it.

Honey had sensed him and landed at his feet, towering over Draco expectingly. The beautiful beast had a baby on its back, though it was more red and coughing small puffs of fire.
"She's gone, Honey." He softly said, his voice breaking.

The dragons roar sent Draco flying. A large tear dropped from the dragons eye and then she too left.

Draco walked around the mansion without comprehension. He spent hours just staring at the library and hearing her sweet voice reading stories out load. He found himself at the entrance of their room, which he hadn't been near in days.

He heard her calling for him and finally turned the handle. Her sweet smell surrounded him and when he closed his eyes he could almost feel her.  The smoothness Of her small hands.
He smiled softly and cast as spell on the roof of the room, enchanting it to show the sky as it would be over the hill.

He laid on the led and just watched the clouds until soon night fell and he remembered. In her aftermath he remembered how it felt to live and he held on tight.

"The stars, Love."