Part 14: Silver

Draco's Pov

"Stupify"

I whip my head around at the voice and see Cormac Mclaggen wand out. I begin to draw mine when he shouts the spell again. 

I wake up in the dark and blink a few times but I still can't find any light. I feel my hands tied behind my back and I think I'm also tied to a chair. My feet also appear to be bound. I hear breathing near me. 

"Hello? Is anyone there?"

"Malfoy? Are you the one who stunned me?" Says a voice I recognize as Granger's. 

"I can't have I'm tied up. I think Cormac Mclaggen stunned us." 

"Do you know why?" 

"No, I only just woke up." At that moment we hear the creak of hinges and torchlight fills the room. I find myself in a dungeon looking room with damp walls and no windows. Mclaggen steps into the room. I see his eyes find Granger tied up beside me and his face breaks into a wicked grin. 

"What are you doing?!" Asks Granger. I start to struggle against the ropes. 

"None of that." He says walking up to me. He punches my in the face and takes a step back. 

"Petrificus Totalus." Says Mclaggen waving his wand at me. My body goes rigid and I'm unable to speak. Mclaggen undresses before advancing on Granger and unties her from her chair. She struggles against him but he ruthlessly begins to take off her dress. Once she is only in her underwear Mclaggen begins to kiss her. I'm unable to turn away to provide her with any privacy. Her eyes find mine and I see in her only fear as her eyes begin to water. I feel the need to protect her from this beast of a man so I screw my eyes shut and block out every feeling except the need the save her. I reach out with my thoughts into the monster's hideous mind. The monster's eyes follow his hands and he picks up his wand and with only my mind I force his mouth to move. I force him to release me from the full body bind curse. 

I wrench my wrists through the ropes as I move to get Mclaggen away from her. I grab my wand and Granger's wand from the ground and point them at the monster. 

"Stupify." I could I have killed him but restrained myself. I quickly take off my cloak and cover Granger with it. I lift her gently from the ground and carry her out of the room. She sobs against the sleeve of my school shirt as I carry her out into the hallway. I look back at the door to find that we had been in the room of requirement. I carry her wrapped in my cloak till we reach our common room. I mutter the password and carry Granger inside. 

I set her down on the couch and walk upstairs to her room. I search as little of her drawers as possible to find a nightshirt and once found walk into the bathroom. I place a warm towel down with the nightshirt on a counter and go back downstairs. I find her sitting on the couch tear tracks etched down her cheeks staring at the fire.   

"I thought you might want to shower?" I say quietly but still audible enough so she could hear me. She nods slightly and walks past me up the stairs. I pace for a while before grabbing a book from random of a side table and beginning to read. I'm a few chapters in when I hear a small cough behind me and I turn. 

"I just wanted to thank you, for not letting him do that to me." Says Granger in a small voice.

"You're welcome, Granger," I say.

"Hermione."

"Alright, Hermione." I correct myself.

"You won't tell anyone will you?" She says staring down at her bare feet. 

"Never." 

"Thanks, Malfoy." She says and begins to walk back upstairs when I call after her.

"Draco."