Part 9: Silver

Draco's Pov. 

I couldn't face Pansy or Nott so I give Blaise the password and headed up the many flights of stairs to the seventh floor. I find the painting and watch curiously as an otter climbs up on the bank and shakes the water from their fur. 

"Concordia?" I say hoping this is the right place. With a sigh of relief, I watch the section of wall move aside. I step into the common room and find a roaring fireplace against one wall with a large comfy looking purple couch facing it. Several other chairs and table are also set back behind the couch. A silver ornamental tree stands in a golden pot to the left side of the fireplace. On the tree's branches are leaves in either Gold, Silver, Bronze or black on these leaves are the names of what looks like past heads. I read one golden leaf and written in red is the name, William Weasley who I think is the eldest. I glance at one of the silver leaves with green writing and my hand falls when I read Lucius Malfoy. 

The room is high ceilinged and has a painting of the stars on it. A staircase on the right of the room that leads to three doors. I walk up the stairs and open the first door. Inside is a large four-poster bed with red silk covers and soft yellow walls. The wood in the room reddish and I notice an elegant window bench in the corner. Obviously Granger's room. 

The next door leads to a bathroom with a large clawfoot tub and separate rain shower. 

The last leads to my room with a fourposter bed and emerald green sheets. The wood in my room is dark and the walls are grey. My room also has a window bench but with fewer pillows than Granger's room. When I walk back out of the room onto the landing I see Granger stepping through the door. I quickly walk back to my room and close the door. I really didn't want to talk to Granger so I say in my room and unpack from the trunk that was left at the foot of my bed. I get undressed for bed and crawl into the warm silk covers. 

The next day I wake up early from a tap on the glass of one of my windows. I get out of bed and open the window for my eagle owl, Apollo. I stroke under his beak and untie the newspaper attached to his leg. When I unfold the paper a note falls out and I pick that up first. 

Dear Son, I put in a special order to get you the good news early. 

Your Father, Lucius Malfoy, Order of Merlin second class. 

I drop the note in the trash and begin to read the front page. Anything that my Father thinks is good is the opposite. 

Top Security Prisoner's Escape

Bellatrix Lestrange, a former Death Eater escaped the wizard prison Azkaban late last night after attacking and killing 13 guards. 

Bellatrix Lestrange age 48 was captured near the end of the battle of Hogwarts after her duel with a member of the Order of the Phoenix, Molly Weasley. After her defeat, she was placed once again in Azkaban prison along with several other Death Eaters captured after the battle of Hogwarts. But last night near midnight she escaped after murdering 13 guards. As one survivor James Littlebee puts it. "I saw her staggering around the corner a stolen wand in her hand so I ran for it and her curse only just missed me." The Ministry warns that Lestrange is highly dangerous and should not be approached if seen. Article Continued page 5 column 3. 

I slump back in my seat and read the front page over again. Well, I can see why my father thinks this is good news.