eight

Taeyong brings his thumb to his lips and begins to chew on his nail.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" He asks the doctor. Jaehyun spoke quietly and he missed every word.

"I want to help you. It's my job" Jaehyun clasps his hands together in his lap.

There is a knock at the door and Jaehyun sighs as he goes to answer it. The receptionist stands in the doorway and mutters something about Jaehyun's next patient.

Jaehyun goes to make an excuse so he can spend more time with Taeyong but his patient has already gotten off his seat.

"It's alright. I'll go" Taeyong smiles softly. Jaehyun scratches the back of his head.

"I'll message you to organise a time for tomorrow."

Taeyong thanks him and leaves. He gets to his office but Yuta immediately comes and stops him from sitting down.

"You aren't fit to work right now, Tae" he states firmly. Taeyong shakes his head in denial

"What else am I meant to do? This is the one thing that can keep my mind off everything that is going on right now."

Yuta grabs his friends arm and gently pulls him out of the building.

"Go home and get some rest" he hands over the keys.

Taeyong looks at him in shock. He goes to speak but Yuta cuts him off.

"I'll call you soon, okay?" He smiles softly before turning in his heel, rushing back inside the office.

Taeyong places the keys in his pocket and frowns. He slowly begins to make his way to a cafe which is just down the road.

He enters and orders a drink before sitting at a table which is in the far corner.

"Latte?" A familiar voice questions. Taeyong nods and hears the cup being placed on the table.

The chair opposite him is pulled out and he hears someone sit down.

He looks up to see Jaehyun seated before him. He smiles at the older as he studies his face.

"You had a patient?" Taeyong asks him and Jaehyun just shrugs as though the patient didn't matter.

"It wasn't really a patient." He takes a deep breath before continuing. "It was my mom."

"You didn't want to see her? Do you not have a good relationship?" Taeyong can't help but ask questions.

"You could say that I guess. She wants me to marry this girl but I don't want to. I don't love her."

Taeyong feels something in his heart tighten as he hears this. Jaehyun's mother is trying to force him into a marriage?

He doesn't know why but he doesn't want Jaehyun to get married. It doesn't feel right.

But who is he to decide what happens with Jaehyun's life.

"Do you like someone else?" Taeyong doesn't know what to expect as an answer.

Jaehyun raises a brow at the question and and looks Taeyong in the eye as he answers.

"What if I said yes?"

"Then why don't you pursue this person?"

"I don't know how to do it without coming off as a desperate fool."

Taeyong nods and takes a sip of his drink. He notices that Jaehyun has a bottle of water in front of him.

"Do you see her often? Are you two already close?"

Jaehyun chuckles and takes a long drink from his water before responding.

"I see him pretty often. We only met recently though. Besides my feelings are illegal."

Taeyong is shocked when he hears that Jaehyun has a crush on a guy.

He doesn't care that he is gay, that would be hypocritical. It's just a shock. Jaehyun seems to be a man who would get married to the most beautiful women and have the perfect life.

"Do you like this person enough to break the law? Is there a way to make it possible for you guys to work?"

"I feel like I'm being interrogated" The younger frowns slightly and Taeyong immediately apologises.

"I'm sorry. We can talk about something else."

"No, lets keep talking about this." Jaehyun shifts in his seat so he is fully facing Taeyong.

"What do you think I should do? I think I really like this person."

"Uhhh" Taeyong begins to bite his nails again as he thinks. "Buy them a coffee."

Jaehyun smirks and gently pulls Taeyong's hand away from his mouth.

"You're making me nervous."

Taeyong places his hand in his lap and watches as the Dr stands from the table.

He grabs the bottle of water and glances at the cash register.

"I payed for your latte by the way. Have a good evening Taeyong."

It doesn't hit Taeyong until Jaehyun has left the cafe.

The Dr bought him a coffee.

Does Jaehyun actually like him? That would be stupid.

His heart quickens at the thought. Surely he doesn't like Jaehyun?

The caffeine must be playing with his emotions.