Chapter 1

Camilla

Ever since Frosty abandoned me for his dead girlfriend and witness, Kat Parker, during a heated kiss, things between us have been strained, and he's been different. To my frustration, he's renewed his efforts to ditch me--his bodyguard for crying out loud--which makes me want to cry, scream, and punch him all at the same time. Moments when he manages to slip away are agony. The thought of him dying because I wasn't there terrifies me.

Right now, the slayers are weak. Tiffany--that bitch--poisoned us all, robbing us of all of our abilities besides us slipping from our bodies and into the spirit realm. Since we can't light up and provide dynamís, the slayer fire that can heal wounds and ash zombies, River--my brother--has had to call in more slayers, ones who haven't been affected by the poison. Among those, my former "boyfriends," Eric and Roger, as well as members of the crew who still don't trust me. And I get it, I really do. After Tiffany slit my throat, River forgave me. The other members our of crew...not so much.

I fall forward as someone's shoulder slams into mine hard enough to show that it's not accidental. I end up crashing to my knees. A gruff laugh sounds behind me--Roger.

"Oops, sorry," he sneers, glancing at me over his shoulder with a face that says he's being sarcastic. "Didn't see you there."

I pull myself to my feet, biting my tongue, and automatically rub the tattoo on my wrist reading, Betrayal. It's a reminder of the worse thing I can do to my friends and family.

Eric saunters up to Roger's side, snapping his teeth at me as he passes. I clench my fists and turn away, heading back into the kitchen. It's empty.

I collapse onto a stool in front of the island, holding my head up in my hands and breathing hard. The fact that I ever had sex with either of them...I breathe out harshly through my nose.

"Milla?" a voice behind me asks.

I turn around and see Justin standing in the doorway, his eyes tinted with worry. For me?

"Are you okay?" he asks. I paste on a smile.

"Yeah. Just think I overworked myself today in the gym."

Justin pulls out a containing of various diced fruits and grabs two forks. He slides the fruit and forks in the middle of island and sits across from me.

"Want some?" he asks, handing me for a fork. I accept and spear a chunk of pineapple, popping into my mouth. So good.

Fruit juice drips down my chin, and I try to lick it up, but can't. Justin chuckles, leans over, and wipes it away with a napkin. I laugh. A growl sounds from behind me, interrupting my thanks.

Frosty in all his handsome glory is glaring at Justin, teeth bared. I turn away, tilting up my chin. He shouldn't care about that anymore.

Justin raises an eyebrow. "Time to go?"

"Go where?" I question, spinning around to face Frosty.

He rolls his eyes, sending a lance of irritation through me. "Punch in the face therapy with Cole. Boys only."

"I'm supposed to be your--"

"I don't care."

He turns on his heel and leaves the kitchen. Justin follows, whispering a bye to me. I mutter one back, and wait a few more minutes before heading up to mine and Frosty's room. As soon as I get in, I can tell something is off. My arms prickle with goosebumps. A clatter erupts to my left. Like with Tiffany, I make the mistake of turning to the left. A shadow moves from the right, pinning me to the wall. In one fluid movement, my arms are twisted behind my back and someone is pressing their body against mine, preventing me from moving.