Chapter ?? Even #

Frosty

We arrive at the vase just in time to see dozens are red-flaming slayers shooting through the sky. They fly over the wall and fall the the ground, red flames dissipating. One immediately shambles to is feet, cursing and yelling...for Milla?

"Jason!" River yells, bounding forward with and fixing the guy with a look of pure venom. "Where's Milla?"

Jason catches his breath. "She saved me from the zombies--she's somewhere in there. Then all of a sudden I was in the air and flew over here. Did she do that?"

River and I curse simultaneously. I shoulder Jason away, yelling at the other slayers to hurry up and get over here. They rush forward and we make our way to the gates. People have slammed them closed. I bark at them to let me in and they oblige.

We pour into the masses of zombies. Kat appears on top of the wall, safely out of the reach of the zombies.

"I'll look for her up here!" she shouts, gracefully sprinting along the walls. I nod and we slash our way through the crowd, all yelling for Milla.

All I can see is red as the zombies fall beneath my blade. There's no sign of Milla, which worries me. If we don't get to her in time, she's dead. No matter what. I can't let that happen.

Suddenly, Kat strays s