Chapter 5

******************************

Sam

I'm hiding in an alleyway by a diner, north of Newsand village. Watching. Waiting. Learning.

Let me get this straight, I don't lie, and I don't hide things from people, so believe me when I say my only goal right now is to kill Elizabeth. And unlike my other fellow vampires who I have sent in the past, I will succeed.

Because if I don't, then there will be consequences.

Someone walks out of the diner. I position my gun, about to end her life. But it's not her, its Theo, the little spy boy the Supernatural's sent to watch over Elizabeth. I put my gun back down, disappearing into the shadows as he walks by.

Someone else walks out of the same diner, I ready my gun. Elizabeth. Her fiery red hair was the first thing I saw through the darkness as she stepped under a streetlight, then I see her body, slim with curves in all the right places, last I see her face, her beautiful, soft features and her amazing bright green eyes.

She froze. I dropped my gun.

Now I see the reason all others have failed in killing this one woman. They had decided it would be easier to turn the guns against their own heads than kill her. And it was true. I couldn't kill her.

I waited silently as she slowly turned around to face me, her eyes meeting mine, holding her gaze.

"Thank you, Sam." She said with a sad smile.

"For what?" I answered, realizing that she was actually talking to me.

"For deciding not to kill me." And with that she turned on her heels and walked away down the street, out of sight.

"You're welcome..." I whispered into the darkness. She knew my name. So it really is true. She does know everything. And that's why I, I mean WE, have to get her before the others. But we have to change our strategy. Killing and then turning her into a vampire won't work; I can't bring myself to do it. And I'm Sam, the vampire that can do anything, kill anyone, and not think twice about it.

But surely this has to be different? This is Elizabeth, for god sake. It's impossible to kill someone that inhumanly beautiful, it's just so... wrong.

God, I'm falling for her already.