Chapter 13

*******************************

Elizabeth

Being the girl that knows everything is not always a good thing. Especially when you get yourself in the middle of a war between the vampires, werewolves, demons and the supernatural. When they all want your talent, to use against each other. Especially when you just found out that the Demons have found out where you are, and are coming to find you in the next 24 hours.

But this time, I didn't foresee it; it didn't just pop into my mind like most of the things I know do. Sam told me. And that was a surprise too. But at least he told me in time. I wonder what he wants? I'm getting a very different vibe from that vampire, one that means I won't be able to foresee his future. Maybe it has something to do with the silver pendant he gave me, I've seen lots of vampires wearing ones just like it.... but that's not the most important thing right now.

I ran from my bedroom and down the stairs into the kitchen where Theo was eating breakfast. "Theo! They know where I am!" Theo immediately got up as I rummaged through the cupboard, trying to find my suitcase.

"Who?" He said, obviously not understanding me.

"THE DEMONS!" I screamed at him. Okay, he didn't deserve that, but come on! How can you be calm in a situation like this?!

"Oh." Was all he said, I waited impatiently for it to sink in. "OH! Oh, okay... um... we could go back to the den, they won't find you there..."

"What are you talking about? That's the first place they'll look!" I said, pulling out my suitcase and opening it up. An envelope slid out. I opened it up and read it. Jamie.

"So where do you suppose we go!" Theo shouted.

I re-read the letter again, taking it all in. Jamie is turning 20 in three days, I promised to visit him. "The Whitehouse, we'll go to the Whitehouse." I said, barely audible.

"What?" Theo took the letter from me, and read it himself:

'Hey Lizzie, how are you?

I'm guessing you've forgotten all about me by the time you're reading this, but that's okay, I don't blame you, it's been ages! If you're still keeping to the promise you made me, then you'll come and visit me on my 20th b-day, you can bring some of your new friends if you like, I'd love to meet them. See you then!

Miss you loads,

Jamie'

"Jamie?" Theo asked, confused.

"Yes, Jamie, as in Jamie Roberts." I said, it seemed all too weird now; my used-to-be-best friend was the president's son, and I had left the Whitehouse for Newsand. I carried on packing all of the essentials into my suitcase; I didn't know how long we would be staying.

"The president's son?"

I smiled sadly at that. "My old best friend." I explained.