016

My anxious recollections, my sympathetic feeling, and my best wishes are irresistibly excited whensoever, in any country, I see an oppressed nation unfurl the banners of freedom - George Washington

***

I knew what was coming that day. Or better said; I knew who was coming that day.

It was family and friends-day. The name sounded as horrible as it in reality was. Since I had only been there for a short amount of time my mother would not come, neither would my friends. First of all, I did not really have any friends so they would have no one to invite, and second of all since I was not allowed to see anyone from the "outside" world yet.

Harry would get some visitors though, visitors that did not know about my existence yet. Visitors that would be everything but pleased about the fact that I was here, and even worse, that we shared a room.

'So Ginny will definitely be there,' Harry spoke. I knew he felt nervous about this whole "family and friends-day" thing. He had been rumbling about it ever since the sun had started to shine it's light all over this side of the earth. 'My guess is that Hermione will be there as well, maybe she brings Ronald with her. But I cannot be sure about that, Ron did not came the last time.'

'Does it make you nervous?' I all of a sudden asked. We were both sitting in the livingroom, next to each other this time. The girls were all doing there own thing. Lucia was quietly watching a stupid cartoon on the television, Honey was reading a book, Lydia was colouring in a drawing inside a colouring book and Serena was staring blankly to the window. We were the only two who actually made some noise.

'What?' Harry asked surprised that I even asked something. 'Are you nervous to see your friends again? The last time I asked you were not sure where you and Ginny were standing and-'

'I am,' he spoke and for a moment we were both taken back by the fire resting in his voice. 'I am really nervous to see her again. She deserves so much better you know. She deserves a guy that can really be there for her, someone that can hold her in the night hours. I cannot do that while I am in here, I must be the worst boyfriend in the world.'

'I am hundredth percent convinced that she does not feel that way,' I stared to argue with him. 'She was the one that advised you to come here in the first place, right?' I said, given him the first counter-argument. The raven-haired boy just nodded slowly, letting my words sink into his mind. 'And she loves you, I have seen that with my own eyes when-'

When Lord Voldemort had "killed" you, that is what I wanted to say. The words had been lying on my tongue, but I had swallowed them before they could escape my lips.

If the green-eyed boy knew how I originally intended to end my sentence was a secret to me. I just hoped that not brining it up ever again would make him decide to do the same thing.

'That is just the point,' Harry started, completely ignoring what I could have said the way I hoped he would have done. 'I am not really sure if I love her one hundredth percent, not anymore at least.'

'Ohw,' I mumbled while feeling my cheeks getting hot. It was a way of my body to react to this news, but that did not meant I liked it. It once again made me feel like some stupid, thoughtless schoolgirl. 'Well, I think you should find out about that,' I started, not really sure what to say or how to react appropriately. 'Whatever you intend to do, do it quickly. You cannot play with her heart like that. She deserves to get more respect from a guy then that.'

'I am aware of that,' Harry mumbled. 'I thought that today might help me to figure out what to do with you know, this stupid feeling that I have inside of me right now.'

In a reflex I placed me long, slim and cold hand on Harry's shorter and much warmer one. 'You will be fine,' I said, not fully realising what I just did. His green pair of eyes looked at our hands, and when those same eyes met mine I felt a blush creeping upon my face. Again.

It did make me slightly happier that the same red colour that had attacked my cheeks had done the same thing to his soft looking cheeks. Even though we were both blushing none of us seemed to want to remove our hand.

'Do you know what you are going to say to your friends?' I attempted to start a conversation with the boy sitting next to me again. 'Honestly,' he started and after that a deep sign escaped his pretty red lips, 'I have no idea at all what to say. The last time Hermione ended up crying for ten minutes and Ginny just looked at me with a pale face while trying to comfort her.'

'That sounds like one of my birthdays,' I joked, making the raven-haired boy laugh softly.  'Then your birthdays sound even better then mine,' he joked, something that caused me to laugh as well.

All of a sudden the door swung open, revealing Dr. Dolan. She was dressed in a nice flowery suit, one that made her seem even smaller than she in fact was.

'Harry, would you please come with me? Your friends have arrived,' she said, hoping that he would indeed follow her. He just nodded slowly before letting go of my hand, something that made me feel uncomfortably and weirdly enough a lonely.

'Here goes nothing,' he mumbled underneath his breath, thinking that I had not heard it. 'Good luck,' I wished him. Harry Potter deserved only the best in live, he did not deserve the pain nor did he deserve the unfortunate things that had happened to him. He deserved happiness, love, kindness. From that moment on I made a promise to myself to give him that. To give him a happy future.

'I am sure you will be fine,' I assumed him before he walked through the door. His eyes found mine one last time before he disappeared.

All I could do was hope that it would turn out the way he so deserved.

But then again, I should not be caring about Harry's wellbeing at all.