New friend

One day in my class in fifth grade a new girl named Olive came in. She looked really shy and scared. Kind of odd? Anyway she had platinum blonde hair that looked almost white! Her skin was like her hair, pale. She wore a little blue cotton dress that she played with while the teacher was introducing her to the class. The group of "popular" and mean girls were making comments like "snow queen", "witch", "ghost", etc. She could hear them I could tell but she kept her head down low, just starring at the ground. I felt bad. I said "hey I'm Natalie, wanna sit at my table with me at lunch?" She grinned a little and said very quietly "yes please." I think I made her day a bit better! At lunch she didn't talk much but she started to open up a little to me. She had told me that this was her third school this year. This is what Olive said, "The first school I got expelled from, the second I left due to bullying and here I am now." I wondered why she got expelled? I would soon figure out! The next day at school she invited me over for a sleepover since it was a Friday night. When I got home I asked my mom and she said "Sure." I packed pjs and a pillow since Olive told me she had blankets and an air mattress at her house. My mom drive me and I noticed it was in a very sketchy part of town. Her house was hard to find, it was practically hidden in a forest of trees and land. At that time my mom and dad were going through a divorce so my mom wasn't seeing those red flags. I should have said something but I felt bad for Olive so we pulled into the driveway and my mom just dropped me off.