7: Skele Problems

(Skele Problems was going to be the name for the past two chapters, but I changed the story up a bit lol.)

3rd Person POV

Ink and Rin where on the attacks part of the book, where they saw potential things that Ink could do, from bone attacks to soul attacks.

"Hey Rin." Ink asked, nudging his sister playfully.
"I should try using these attacks some time!"

Rin nodded, then flipped to a page in the book and pointed at it.
"Why don't we start on this?"

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Ink once again tried to summon a bunch of bones, blue and orange, at once.

He only managed to make plain, white bones appear on the ground in random places instead of making the pattern he wanted.

Grunting in frustration, the paint covered skeleton once again made blue bones pop out of the ground in the Kagamine's garden, making sure to direct them away from the tree that Rin was supervising in.

"Maybe try focusing on blue bones first, then using orange bones!" Rin suggested, shouting from her 'safe spot'.

"But everytime I try, they come from the ground, not out of thin air like what the book says is needed!" Ink shouted back, once again shooting out bones.

"Then imagine them appearing out of thin air infront of you!" Rin nagged.

"Huh... It could work..." Ink thought aloud. He tried his hardest to do what Rin said to do, and he managed to make one single bone appear in front of him.

"YES!" He shouted, still magically sweating from his hard work for one attack.

"Ink, well done!" Rin congratulated him, but then almost immediately changed the subject. "Hey, can we play hide and seek tag?" Rin had noticed how Ink was tired, so she thought of a way to calm him down.

"Yeah," Ink replied, flopping onto the ground. "But, you're the seeker!" The quick skeleton had managed to beat Rin saying that, as she had opened her mouth but had no time to say anything.

"Fine." She sighed, beginning to count back from 10 in Japanese.

Jumping over a bench that was in the huge garden, (If Len saw that, the cheeky skeleton would probably get shouted at by him, blowing his cover) Ink ran to a special tree that he knew how to climb. This was always his hiding place in hide and seek... well, mostly, and it was the highest tree in the garden. It had some wood boards nailed to it, making a really small tree house.

The satisfied skeleton sighed as he got comfortable in his 'seat'. He grabbed his favorite notebook out of his pocket and begun drawing a picture of the place that surrounded him, hoping that an eager twin wouldn't find him.

"Ne, ICHI! READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!" Rin shouted, hoping that she was loud enough for the skeleton to hear her.

Running off in a random direction, the determined girl began looking around quickly, hoping to see the colour white hidden near something.

There was nothing.

She tried searching again.

Still nothing.

Frustrated, the girl started walking down to a tall tree to think, and after awhile the girl picked up her phone and decieded to do something sneaky-

Call Ink.

She did just that and heard a faint ringing from a tree nearby her. What luck!

Cancelling the call quickly so that Ink wouldn't see who was calling, the cheating girl snuck towards a certain tree and looked up. Rin told Ink many times to lower the ringing volume of his phone, and now it was going to come back to bite him.

She squinted and tried to spot any movement, but to her surprise there was nothing.

...Probably because the layers of leaves were so thick and the tree was HUGE! With a tree this big, Rin thought that she wouldn't hear anything, but she did, so Ink must've been either close by or he had his ring tone volume on max, or he even had portable speakers! Rin snickered at the thought of her brother bringing speakers just so that the world could hear his ring tone, knowing that it was a stupid assumption.

Grabbing the rough tree bark that protected the tree, Rin began climbing, up and up. The higher she got, the more random wood planks she saw, indicating that someone had been up there before.

'Sneaky, creating a tree hut up here...' Rin thought to herself as she continued to scale up the foliage.

After minutes of climbing the tall tree, Rin managed to stick her head through a layer of thin branches and leaves, and what she saw made her grin.

"FOUND YOU!" Shouted Rin, as Ink snapped his head towards her direction in fear.

Ink, obviously being spooked, accidently tried to spawn a normal bone to lightly hit Rin with, but the result was very different. In a flash of blue light, he was gone.

"Ink? INK?!" This concerned Rin until she realized that the book said something about this situation.

She sighed and spoke to herself. "Ink, that's considered cheating."

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

"So that's what- INK?!" This is what the skeleton had heard, and it definitely wasn't Rin's voice.

Not feeling the hard bone in his hands, Ink slowly opened his eyes to see what had happened.

"What are you doing here?" A boy with banana hair asked.
Hold up...

"Len? Miku? Where am I?" Questioned Ink, taking a good look of his surroundings. Len was wearing his usual uniform, just without the arm warmers. So was Miku, with her teal hair in her signature twin pig tails.

Len opened his mouth to speak, but was cut out by the tealette next to him.

"You're at my house! Why- How did you get here?"

"Dunno really." Was the response Ink gave. "I just tried to summon summon a bone and instead I ended up here."

"So, you teleported." Len confirmed, having read the AU Handbook beforehand.

"I must have. Whoops!" All three of the friends laughed at Ink's mistake, and continued on to what they were doing.

"Hey bro?" Len asked.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know how to teleport back?"

"..." Ink thought for a bit, frowning as his eyes went blank.

"I'll take that as a no..."