5: A Mysterious Book

WRITERS BLOCK WHY! Well, I'm back now, and I'm not going to let writer's block stop me now!!! Hopefully I got Len's personality right, because I gave him two split personalities for my RPs with my sister.

Third person POV, a week later.

"ARRRGGGHH!!!" Ink screamed again, trying to find the last few notes he needed for his song. Although it's normally an easy task, he just couldn't do it.

"Ink, c'mon! You can do it!" Rin, who was sitting next to him, tried encouraged him.

"I can't think! My mind keeps going blank!" He shouted, banging his table in rage.

"Maybe I could help?"

"No, it's fine. I'll get it eventually."

Rin stood there, confused at how fast he changed from angry to calm, but she noticed something...

"...What?"

"What... What's in your hands brother?"

"..."

"It might be the light blue paint..."

Ink had been experimenting with the paints for the past week, so the Kagamine family knew what each one of them did. Light blue calmed people.

"Ink, what did we say about using the paints sparingly?"

"Okay, okay. I'll only use another when I need it. But this time I did need it!"

Ink and Rin continued to (attempt) writing Toluene while Len was at the library.

Len's POV

I walked over to the huge library in town, my favourite chill spot! The huge glass doors opened when they 'sensed' my arrival. The shelves were covered in books, like normal, but this time I was looking for answers.

'AUs, AUs, AUs,' I kept saying in my head as I scanned the shelves for anything related to the letters. Was it a word? An acronoym for something? Or were the voices Ink heard lying? Grabbing a random book from the history section that I thought would give me a clue, lost in thought, I sat down on one of the couches provided there.

Suddenly, I saw a flash of light, and I ran over to it. No one was in the library at the time for some reason, but I suspected it was the librarian's lunch break. Still doesn't explain where everyone else is, though.

A small book was lying on the ground, and I read the title out loud.

"Alternate Universe Handbook. All you need to know about AUs."

I gasped, knowing I had hit the jackpot. Leaving the random book I had picked up before on the floor and swapping it with the mysterious book, I sprinted over to the counter and waited for someone to hear the bell I was impatiently ringing.

Someone had heard it, as they rushed behind the counter holding a half-eaten banana.

"Oh, hey Len!" She said, mouth full.

"Lenka! It's been awhile! So you work at my favourite library now, huh?"

"Yeah, I decided to work here. Rinto's at home right now, so you won't be seeing him here." My cousin replied.

"You want that book out, right?" She asked, pointing at the handbook.

I nodded yes, and she scanned it. But, immedietly after, her eyes widened in shock and she ran into another room.

"Wait! Lenka!" I shouted, but she was gone. I groaned and waited for my banana loving cousin. Eventually she came back with the book, but she looked just downright confused.

"Len, the book's not in the system, but it's doesn't work like other books that aren't in the system. There is a barcode, but whenever the scanner reads the barcode, the system... Crashes and shows an error message." I widened my own eyes in shock. I guess, being cousins, we have the same reaction to things.

"Can I keep the book? I really need it." I spoke, after recovering from shock.

"I asked my manager, and he says you can." I replied with a calm thank you and a good bye, while inwardly I was so happy that I could finally find out what the 'Voices' where talking about.

Sprinting back towards our mansion, I only now realized that there was a blinding light where the book miraculously appeared! I didn't notice it in my joy somehow, but I'm certain it was there. Maybe I was daydreaming? It couldn't be, othewise I wouldn't have the book in my hands right now.

"Oof!" I shouted as I unconsciously crashed into a man.

"Look where you are going next time boy!" He shouted at me angrily as he glared at me. Was he drunk? I'll never know.

"I'm sorry mister, but I'll be more careful next time." I said as I walked past him.

After slipping past him, I slipped back into my own thoughts. Maybe someone knew I needed a book about AUs! Snap out of it, Len, that's impossible.

Opening the huge double doors of our house, I ran inside (not caring that Rin always told me to walk indoors) and went straight to Ink's room.

Ink's POV

"YES!" Rin and I shouted in unison. We finally finished recording and editing our song and we were really proud of it.

"That took FOREVER!!!" Rin said as we heard the door knob turn.

"GUYS LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!"

FINALLY DONE!!!

Edited: 17 November