XI. Talk to us

"The roads were so packed, this is why I never come to London"

"How bad could it have been?"

"On any day it's a three hour drive from where I live to here, today it took me four."

"That's not that bad."

"Try sitting in a tiny mini cooper with a broken a/c for four hours Harriet."

Harriet let out a faint sigh and then asked him to take a seat. Her patient was going to be here soon. She asked Harry to hide in the closet and listen in on their conversation and make notes if he wanted to. He had given her some specific questions to ask the boy so he can really get an idea on what was going on.

"God this closet is spacious." Harry said in a sarcastic tone.

"Reducio", she said pointing to the drawers she had in the back of the closet.

"There you go"

"Thanks, I forget I'm a wizard sometimes." Harry said smiling.

The receptionist walked in to the door as Harriet shut the door.

"Do you have someone in here?' she asked.

"No, why?"

"Nothing, I just thought I heard someone talking, anyways the Browns are here when can you see the boy?"

"Just send him in in ten."

"Ten what?"

"Minutes, Rebecca", Harriet sighed and said. "Good luck", Harry whispered to Harriet through the closet door.

Harriet took a seat in her chair. She was nervous, even sweating a little bit. She had to make sure she made the session helpful to Callum to keep his parents satisfied and to ask the right questions and get helpful answers so Harry can deduce what is going on with this boy.

***

Callum's pov

I slowly entered the room. She smiled at me and I gave a faint smile in return. She asked me to take a seat, which she didn't really need to obviously I wasn't going to talk to her standing up, I wasn't in the principal's office.

I was in a pretty bad mood. I'd asked Dad about Donald at the breakfast table, he hesitated but he was about to tell me about him but then mum interrupted. I began to argue with her and then Dad began arguing with her. 

I really wish they would've been open to telling me about it, I'm no stranger to suicide it's happened around me twice. Also, I'm eighteen I'm definitely emotionally mature enough to handle something like that. It wasn't like I knew Donald either, it couldn't have affected me in any way possible.

Harriet began by asking me how my day was. "Small talk? She did know it was a thirty minute therapy session why was she wasting time, get to the main stuff ask me about my nightmares" I thought to myself.

"Could you tell me a bit more about this girl Rose?", she asked.

"She's really pretty."

"That you've said before, does she have any significant personality traits or any habit?"

I shook my head, I wasn't a great observer if she did have any significant traits I would've probably ignored them. I remembered that I hadn't told her about the forest dream yet so I spoke again.

"Oh wait, I recently had a dream with her in it that I'd never seen before. We were in a forest, it was night time and she sort of cried. She didn't ball her eyes out, just a few tears. She was going to give me some really bad news."

"So she's a girl who cries? You rendezvous with her in a forest? And she brings bad news?"

"Yes."

"All my life I've never been more confused and regretted my job than after I met you."

I laughed gently and she sighed.

"In these dreams what's your point of view?"

"I'm me. First person"

"Oh, do you ever feel any kind of random pains after you wake up or just randomly when you think of Rose?"

I was confused, why would I feel pain?

"No never."

"Has Rose ever told you anything about herself?"

"No, I've never talked to her properly sometimes she's just there smiling or there's dreams where we're cuddling. The only time she spoke was the time in the forest when she was about to tell me something."

"Has she ever tried to harm you?"

"No but someone else did, they shot a lightning bolt or something like that at me and I remember seeing Rose before it hit me."

"Do you think it was Rose who shot it at you?"

"No, in fact I think I saw her get hit by one too."

"Interesting."

She continued making notes in her pad and I stared at the clock. She kept writing for quite a while. The second hand went around twice before she spoke again and it was to remind me that our time was up and that she would analyze the dreams again and meet me later to explain. 

I got up and exited the room quickly, I still thought this was a waste of time but at least someone except my mother wanted to talk to me about it and I guess that's nice. I don't think she can help me though but it's worth a shot.