Chapter 2: First Date?

Your heart leaped every time when you thought of Eren on the bus. You promised that you'll come and keep his little secret, him being a cat. 

"Welcome to Ginyo Station." The driver says as he stops the bus. "Once more, Ginyo Station."

You get off the bus, searching frantically for him. Your heart starts to be fast and you feel your whole body growing warm. The breeze blew cold air around you and into your face.

"(y/n!)!" You turned to see Eren with his beanie and a thick brown coat. He looks the same from the last time you saw him. "(y/n)!"

"Eren..." You say quietly while walking towards him. "How are you?" You ask him as he looks at you.

He smiles at you, "I'm fine... how about you? How have you been?"

"I'm... well... couldn't stop thinking about you... and your little ears..." You giggled as he chuckles softly. Suddenly, you were overcome with the urge to touch his beanie and take it off to touch his fuzzy ears.

"Really? When we're alone, I'll let you touch them, if you want..."

"Hehe..." When you looked at him, his gently eyes calmed your beating heart. His smile gave you this sense of being comfortable... "I would love to touch them again..."

"Follow me, I know a great place to be alone..."

*   *   *

He then takes you to a park, where it was practically empty. Since it was Monday and in the afternoon, no young couples or children were around. With you in hand, he takes you to a secluded section of the park.

You and Eren both sit down and he sighs before taking his beanie off. He playfully ruffles his hair and soon, you saw two cat ears pop from his head. "Aww... every time when I see the pop out, it's adorable..."

"Y-Yeah..." Up close, Eren's cheeks were a bit red. Was it because of the cold? It must be... your nose and cheeks were cold as well, perhaps red. "Took me a long time to figure out how to hide my ears, after all... hiding my tail was pretty easy. Ears... they were a bit... difficult. They always wanted to pop out."

"What made you think of burying it under your hair and a beanie?"

"My mentor... he was a cat as well... taught me how to hide from people... as well as not drawing attention... he sheltered me before he fell in love with another human..."

"Do you know who was his lover?"

He shakes his head, you can tell that he was still disappointed about his mentor. He avoided to look you in the eyes, his tone was upsetting to hear. "N-no... but I hope he's being okay now..."

"I'm sorry, Eren..." You're now overwhelmed with these feelings that you didn't want to touch his ears.

"Hey, (y/n)? Are you okay?" He leans forward, lifting up your chin, "What's wrong?" His soft words stunned you. Paralyzed by his words and tone. "If I did something, please, let me know..."

"N-No... it's not you... it's just... that I'm so sorry about you..."

"Heh, no need to apologize."

"You've been alone all this time?"

He nods, "Yeah... I had two other people with me, but we got separated... that's when I met my mentor... I wish I could see them again..."

"What are their names? Perhaps I can help you find them."

"Armin Arlert and Mikasa Ackerman. Please... I would love your help finding them."

"Don't worry, Eren..." You started to comfort him, your hands went to his and held them. Your heart starts to be faster and harder. "I'll find them... in the meantime, wanna get something to eat? It's technically lunch and I haven't eaten a big breakfast."

He laughs, "Yeah... same here. I'm hungry..."

"Where do you wanna go? I don't care we go for lunch."

Eren smiles at you, "Fish?" He starts to laugh at his small joke; you laugh along.

"Sure, for a cat like you, I'll get you anything..."

"Wait, you didn't play with my ears... that's the whole reason why we were here, right?"

"Oh... I felt so sorry that I didn't realize... forgive me..."

He chuckles a bit, holding your hand to his ears, "It's fine... it's rare for me to find a human that was this adorable... and kind to me."

"Are humans unkind to you or something? How were you treated?" Eren calling you 'adorable' passes through your track of mind, forgetting it immediately.

He sighs, "It doesn't matter right now... just, have some fun for now. Go on, touch them..."

Your hand was released by Eren's grip and you went to touch his ears again. As before, they were warm and fuzzy... twitching as you touched the fur inside the ear. Out of instinct, Eren shakes his whole head, smiling at you. "W-wow... it must be cool, having cat ears and a tail..."

"It is, once you get used to walking around with a tail and hearing a lot more because of your ears. Otherwise, it's all good. I wish you know how it feels to be an actual cat, not the ones with fake ears or a fake tail."

"I love cats..."

"I could tell..." He takes your hand and you both walked out of the park. "Maybe that's why you weren't surprised to know that I am part cat..."

*   *   *

During lunch, you couldn't help but noticed that Eren's been sneaking quick glances at you. But... they weren't terrible... when you saw his eyes, they were glowing with glee, his smiles were grateful... all in all... it was like, he was flirting with you.

"So... you like me being a cat?" He leans in, whispering his words.

You smiled, "Yeah... cats are, like the coolest!" You replied, chuckling softly to him. 

"Why weren't you surprised about me being one? The other day... when my beanie came off... why weren't you surprised?"

You slightly giggle, "Well... you did eat most of the tuna, and basically all the fish. I thought you just liked it and I let it go. When your true cat-self came out, it all made sense to me..."

Eren smiles at you, taking your hand, "Really? I guess it's hard to hide my cat urges... hehe..."

You laugh silently at him, "Hey, do you have a phone?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, I was thinking that we should exchange phone numbers, that way it's easier to contact you instead of me walking around looking for you."

"Oh, good idea..."

You both exchange phone numbers. "Eren... I'll find your friends, I promise you that."

He smiles at you, "Thank you, (y/n)..."

For some reason, you hear a slight purr. Was it coming from Eren or were you just hearing things? You don't want to investigate the purring noises. "Well... I need to go, goodbye, Eren..."

"Bye, (y/n), see you soon."

Once more, you ate out with Eren... would this be considered as a date or what? That's up to you to decide. Was this your first date with Eren? Or was this a friendly lunch together?

*Hope you all enjoyed it! My goal for this is to reach 15 chapters or more, so there will be a bunch more of these types of moments*