Chapter 8: Playfulness

Weeks later, on April 1st... or known as April Fools' Day, you decided to mess around with Eren Jaeger. At a store, you decided to buy a laser pointer and a ball of blue yarn. Thinking to yourself, you think it's not a bad idea, yet it was a terrible idea at the same time.

Coming home, you find Eren, fresh out of the shower. You see steam radiating from him. His ears perked up and his tail started to sway rapidly. "Oh... hey (y/n)! For dinner, I was thinking-"

"Eren, check out what I found!" You say, pulling out the ball of yarn, saving the laser pointer for later on.

"A what?" He tilts his head, staring at the ball. Though he may not act like it, you could see his pupils growing with glee. "A ball of yarn?" His voice was straining something back.

"Yeah... I wanted to get that to you, so... here ya go. I'm gonna shower, so I'll be back."

*   *   *

In the shower, you couldn't hide your smile... what a prank... hopefully, it won't be chaos when you get to him. After dressing you went to the kitchen area, and found a sight to remember. Eren was tangled up in the blue yarn. His amber-colored eyes were wide open when he sees you.

"(y/n)! D-Don't look at me!" He tries to get out of the tangle, but he was trapped. "U-Uh... this is embarrassing..." He says.

"Need help?" You try to hide your laughter as you offered help. A true cat at heart... 

"P-Please..." You went up to the kitchen, grabbing a pair of scissors. "Man... my urges got to the best of me..."

"Why? What happened?" You start to cut the yarn.

Eren sighs, "Well... I looked at the yarn and started to toss it in my hands... one thing led to another... and the yarn started to unravel. Somehow, it tangled me up in this mess..."

"Haha... Eren... you're adorable..."

Once you got him out of the mess, he sits up. Pieces of yarn still remained in his hair, around his ears and covered his tail. With his amber-colored eyes, he looks at you... "(y/n)... you're cute as well..."

Your face turns bright red as he said that. "A-Am I?!"

He laughs, "Of course, (y/n)... and I bet that the yarn was a joke, right?"

"W-What makes you say that?"

"Well... it's pretty easy to find out. You had all these searches on the computer when I was trying to research something. Things about; what do cats love to play?, is yarn the best toy?, how do laser pointers work on cats? All those things, (y/n)... and I like it..."

"I-I couldn't resist not doing it... besides, I was expecting a lot worse."

"Like what?" Eren scoots close to you, his tail wrapping around your waist, and faint purring coming from him. "What kind of chaos were you trying to conjure up?"

"I wanted you to play with a ball of yarn... that's it..."

"Ah... and what about the laser pointer?" He leans close, "I know you got a laser pointer... somewhere..."

You start to laugh, apparently, you can't hide anything from this nosy cat. "I was saving it for later... after dinner."

"Okay, seems like a fair deal... oh, (y/n), I got another question for you."

"What is it?" You asked, smiling at him as he looked at you mischievously.

"Can you buy me another ball of yarn?"

Smiling, you also tried to stop your laughter, but it was too much to handle. "Of course, Eren... I'll buy you all the yarn you want..."

*   *   *

Once dinner was finished, you decided to keep your promise to Eren. You went through your stuff and pulled out the laser pointer, smiling mischievous at Eren, who was staring at it eagerly.

"Come on, enough already and let me play, (y/n)!" He shouts at you in a playful tone. His tail swayed in a face pace, ears started to twitch rapidly. "I don't want to wait any longer!"

You laugh so hard that you felt pains from your side, your mouth muscles started to ache... Eren's too playful at times. "Okay, okay... Here it comes!" You shout, turning on the laser pointer.

You aimed it at Eren's feet and you watched him chase after the light. It was amusing to see him having his cat instincts taking over his mind and body. He shouts, "I can't stop!" Sometimes, he would stare at you... playfully and not in any harm. You amused him and yourself until Eren gave his last breath. He collapses on the floor, exhausted. "(y/n)... that was fun... your turn!"

You shake you head, "Afraid not, Eren. Sorry to break your precious heart, but I'm not a cat... I have no desires to chase a light or to play with yarn. But... I do enjoy you doing that... I wanted to make a joke about you and a cat... but I remembered that you are a cat."

"Hey... maybe physically, but not mentally." 

You stare at him; he smiled at you, chuckling softly, "What did I see there? You were playing with  yarn earlier and playing with a laser pointer, Eren. You're a cat, both mentally and physically."

"What?! No I'm not..." He says... laying on your lap. His tail swayed softly, ears were down, his cheeks were bright red, and a slight purr. "Maybe... you're making me into a cat, (y/n)."

"Nope... you're purely a cat at heart and mind... admit it, you're my cat..."

He laughs, "I will admit that once you admit you have feelings for me..."

A win-win situation. You sighed and decided, alright, why not? He proved enough to be a loving guy and having a playful state of mind. "Fine... I admit that I love you, Eren Jaeger... happy?"

He chuckles, "I would be if you sealed it with a kiss..."

"Of course, Mr. Jaeger..." You kiss him, on the cheek. "But not yet... you're not ready for my kisses... looks like you need stitches... {yes, I did do that}."

Eren then groans, his ears dipping lower, "When can I get a proper kiss from you, (y/n)? Because, I don't want stitches if you're here... with me..."

"Soon, Eren... soon..."

You then fall asleep in the living room. Little did you know that Eren tucked you back in bed, curling next to you the whole night... the perfect boyfriend, and you confessed... {no! I need to make it to 15 chapters! Guess what? 7 more chapters of kawaiiness... I guess I made up a word... anyways, loved it? Yes? Well... we got 7 more to go towards my goal...}