Chapter 6: Jealousy

Coming back from your job (whatever you want), you're surprised to see Eren and Mikasa, sitting on your couch, just chatting. You see their ears move, twitch in every way as they talked. Their tails swayed differently as they chat. You see that Mikasa felt uncomfortable, as her tail hardly moved, but Eren... his tail swayed back and forth in a quick-paced way.

The door behind you closes and both of them stare at you. "Hey, (y/n), you're back already?!" Eren jumps from his spot and makes his way towards you, giving you a hug and his usual smile. His eyes twinkled and you saw that his ears twitch, a slight purr coming from him. "I didn't know you came early..."

You laugh softly, "Well... we had this (your own situation at work. Cut me some slack, I don't know what you want your fantasy to be like), and I was told to go early... so that's what I did."

Mikasa stands from her spot and walks over to you. "I guess this is goodbye, Eren. See you later..." She says in a depressing tone.

"H-Hey! M-Mikasa!" Eren tries to call after her as she leaves the room. "Ugh... I don't want you to leave..."

You wrapped your arms around Eren, "Hey... was it because of me?" You asked him.

"Yeah... she still doesn't trust you... even what I told her..."

"Told her what?"

He sighs deeply, "W-Well... I told her how you were taking good care of me... and how I wanted to help you. She kept telling me that I shouldn't help you... but I wanted her to know what kind of care I was in. It was like... she jealous or something."

"Jealous?" You think back about the times you have spoken to her, she did give you evil eyes, but nothing about Eren... wait... she probably doesn't want me near Eren... but why? "I didn't know she was jealous... wonder for what reason."

Eren sighs, "I don't know, that's the problem. I don't know what was wrong! She took one step here... and I know that she was surprised, but always talked about how bad you were... afraid that you were hurting me or something."

"And?" Worried about Mikasa spreading rumors, you wanted to stop it, but how can you? Mikasa could talk to the other cats and make them hate me... jealous... 

"I told her that you, (y/n), haven't done anything wrong to me."

Rumors... jealousy... hatred... connecting the dots, you realize that all this is happening because she saw you with Eren. What Eren's saying... was she jealous because of you? Because Eren's choosing you over his best friend, Mikasa? "Is this about me?" You ask him, waiting for his response. Maybe you're just overreacting about a cat not liking you.

"I don't know... she does hate you, in a way... but I don't know how to explain it." I guess you were overreacting. Mikasa's probably just being protective, like all friends in life.

"Well... I can't do anything to resolve this kind of problem... but, I really hope that she can get over her problems... uh, I do admire her, but... if she's gonna say things like that to me... I don't know what to say..."

Eren takes your hand and walks over, with you, to the living room. "You're right, we can't force her to fix her problems immediately... but I wish she could tell me why she's upset and acting like this. She always acts like that whenever any girl talks to me. The next time I meet a girl, they stay away from me, and Mikasa acts like nothing happened..."

"Hey, Eren... I gotta shower, and then we can talk again, okay?"

He nods, "Of course, (y/n), sorry about that..."

"No worries..."

*   *   *

After a nice, warm, steamy shower, you went back to the kitchen to see Eren preparing dinner. Behind him was a bowl filled to the brim and two packets of fish floating inside. Eren was leaning against the counter, watching you walk in. He smiles at you, his tail swaying around, and his ears flickering at you.

"Looks like that someone's done..." He says as you approached closer to him. As you are right next to him, you feel his tail wrap around your waist. "Hope you like dinner, (y/n)."

You turned around to the bowl full of water, "Ah, cod."

"Yeah..." You turn back to Eren, but apparently, he was really close to you. As you turned, you head hit his chest. "Oh... sorry, (y/n)... I didn't mean to be that close..."

"I-It's fine..." Your cheeks starts to grow in color, blushing at how close you are to Eren. 

He smiles at you, laying his chin on your head, "Heh... you're cute when you're blushing like that..."

"C-Cute?!"

You look up to see Eren, gleaming and glowing. His eyes started to spark, those amber-colored eyes... he seems, cute. Not to mention his ears that started to flatten against his dark brown hair. His grip around your waist tightened as he pulled you close to his chest. "Yes.. you're cute whenever you blush..." Purring noises started to emit from Eren, "Please... keep doing it..."

"I guess this is why Mikasa's jealous..."

"Huh? What are you talking about, (y/n)? This has nothing to do with her... it's only me and you..." He kisses your forehead. "Mikasa isn't-"

"Eren... listen to me, she doesn't like me because she thinks that we're together... as a couple..."

"Oh, but I want to be a couple... I want us to be together, (y/n)..."

"I... I just feel that I'm not ready..." You admit. This is going way too fast... your heart started to beat fast and hard, your body radiating heat. You don't know what to do, Eren wants to be your boyfriend that quickly, but... what about your other problems? "I'm sorry, Eren... just... now's not the right time for me to be with you... I hope you understand..."

He nods his head, though his eyes tell a different story. Disappointed and broken, the spark was still there, yet weak. "I understand, (y/n)... I won't force you..."

"Thank you, Eren..." You both have feelings... yet you don't want to admit it just yet... there might be something more going on, and you just don't know it yet... Mikasa being jealous over you because Eren's choosing you over her... man, what a love triangle this is...