Chapter Thirteen

Jack's POV

"Long story" I answered, gripping onto the steering wheel.

 I see her turn towards me with a raised eyebrow, but I'm too angry and confused to look at her. I hear her sigh and she turns towards the window. I briefly take a glance at her, her beautiful hair flowing down her back. It takes all the strength in the world for me to look away from her. 

How her brown hair just flows perfectly on her back and how she looks stunning in everything she wears. She is just a perfect human being despite her flaws and her past because they're the ones that shape who she is. 

But at the same time, I can't help but question why David was there at her house. Obviously, the Mom knew him, but I don't think Vic did. There was something in her tone that showed that she despised him. 

However, that wasn't the problem. The problem is that he is supposed to be dead. I saw him die with my own eyes. He's supposed to be dead. I don't understand how he's alive. Now, I need to talk to the boys about it. I groan in frustration as we pull up into a parking spot. I spot Lincoln's Mustang, Jace's BMW and George's truck nearby, so they're probably here, however, I don't see Molly's anywhere. 

Once I killed the engine, Vic and I get out of the car and head for the entrance. I open the door for her and she smiles as she passes, but the smile doesn't reach her gorgeous brown eye's. I mentally slap myself for making her feel like that. I shouldn't have pushed her away like that, especially when I was so close to getting her to be mine. I sigh and run a hand through my hair as I sit down beside Jace. 

"Thanks" I mumble as he passes me the menu. 

"Did you see Molly or Theo out there?" Jess asks me. I shake my head and continue to look for something tasty yet healthy to eat.

"They probably stuck in her car fucking" Jace scoffs as he closes the menu. I hear a slight vomit sound from Vic as she brings up her menu to hide her face. I smirk and look towards the ground, she is too cute, even with that face. 

"Can I get you guys something to drink?" a girl with blonde hair asks with that high pitch annoying voice. 

She takes a step closer to me, putting a hand on my shoulder. I raise an eyebrow at her, in return I get a flirtatious smile and she arches her back so that her boobs are in my face and flicks her hair back. I would usually be attracted to this kind of stuff but ever since Vic came, I was only interested in her, no one else. I turn away and see Vic's eyes full of what I think is jealousy but she masks it away quickly with a fake smile. 

"I'll have chocolate milk" Jess answers. 

"Just water," George said rubbing his face from the tiredness. 

"I'll have an orange juice," Jace said winking at the waitress. 

"Same" Vic gritted out, I guess it was jealousy or anger that I saw. 

"And you Mr.," the girl said biting and licking her lips at me. 

"Water with lemon" I answered with as much annoyance in my voice as possible. 

However, she doesn't get it and slips her number on a piece of paper in front of me and leaves. Jace raises an eyebrow at me and put his hand out for me to give to him. I roll my eyes and hand it over to him. He's such a man whore but I was one too if you think about it. 

A few moments later, Molly and Theo walk in and come towards us. I slide to my right to make room for Theo and Molly slides next to Victoria. 

"I'm guessing Y'all were fucking in your car on the side of the street or something," Jace said playing with his fork while looking at the both of them. Molly blushes and looks away while Theo gives him a glare. 

"As long as you were using protection, I'm cool," I said laying back in my seat, also playing with my fork. 

Before anyone can answer, the girl from before comes with all of our drinks and doesn't even acknowledge the fact that there are two people who have joined us. However, the only fact that she does notice is that I'm no longer sitting at the edge and she pouts at me for moving. I roll my eyes at her and look at the window. Some girls just don't get rejection or the word 'NO', no matter how many times you tell them. 

"I'll take your order's now," the girl said taking out a pad and pen. We go around the table starting with Theo, saying what we're getting. 

"I'll have the pancakes with banana's and Nutella," Vic said with a fake high voice, mocking the waitresses voice, once it was her turn and closed the menu, shoving it in the girl's hand. I smile at her; someone's salty. Once the girl leaves our table, we all break into laughter. 

"Nice one Vic," Jess said high-fiving her. 

And that was how breakfast was like, us laughing at Vic's voice every time that waitress came. Vic brings this energy that no one does. It's like she makes things seem lighter and tries to make other's happier the best she can. That's one of the reason's I love this girl. More than just her killer body, that's just a bonus. 

But I'm afraid that if I tell her how I truly feel and everything about me, she might leave. Knowing myself, I'll fuck it up and make it sound super bad and even worse than it already is. Even though I walk around, head held high and oozing with confidence, when it comes to her, I'm a complete wreck.

I've never felt what I feel for her towards anyone else. There is just something about her that pulls me towards her and it's like I can't get enough of her, just like an addicting drug. From her beautiful smile to her horrible past, it all makes me attracted to her more, no matter her flaws, that makes her who she is. I just knew from the second I met her at that corridor on that first day, she was the one. Something about her made me want to be close to her. Now a lot of you would say that it's love, but I feel like that word just describes a fraction of what I feel for her.

However, I'm just scared that I'll lose her, to my past. Now that David is here, it makes me more worried yet conscious. The last time I met him, I lost a lot of good people that I cared about. That was the last time I decided I needed to tighten my inner circle and take care of them the best that I can. That's why I put up those walls, to make sure nobody comes near me, especially if I don't like them. Besides that point, people that are close to me always get hurt or worse die. Because of that, I try so damn hard to make sure Bella and Mathew don't get caught in my mess. I promised them, I wouldn't let anything happen to them and make sure they never find out about all the dark stuff in the world. 

I'm just being selfish if I let Victoria into my life and drag her into a mess that I created. It'll be unfair to her; she has already been through so much in her life for me to bring her into my problems. As much as I want to be with her and have her arms around me and vice versa, I have to do what is right for both me and her. I can't risk her safety or else I won't be able to forgive myself if she gets hurt. 

Then why do I feel so wrong?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something different, but I thought it was important to get Jack's POV in this. Anyway, see you Sunday! :)