Chapter Fourty Nine

Victoria's POV

I don't even wait for the car to stop as I quickly get out and run to the door and open it. I hear whoever it was with me in the car pay for it and thank him before following me inside.

"Vic!" Bella said to me as both her Mathew start to walk towards me. I take one look at them as I walk by and I start to feel the tears pool my eyes. They both remind me so much of him, and I just can't deal with that right now.

"Go back to playing guys, Vic is just upset at the moment. Plus shouldn't you guys be asleep by now?" I hear a familiar males voice say behind me as I run up the stairs.

My vision starts to blur as I make my way to the room and go straight to the closet. I grab a one piece swimsuit before stripping down and putting it on. I grab a towel from the washroom and walk back to the door. As I turn the corner, I walk into something solid as I start to fall backwards. I feel an arm wrap around my waist catching me before pulling me back. I furiously wipe my eyes, to get a better view of whoever this is. In front of me is a worried Theo, his arm still wrapped around me.

"I got you, angel........" He said before looking down at what I'm wearing. "Surf?" He asks and I nod in response.

"Alright, I'm coming, just give a minute to change, alright?" He asked and I nod before he let's me go and goes a few doors down to change.

I'm left standing there and as much as I would like to be alone right now, there's something in me telling me that I shouldn't be. I look down at my wrist and I see the bracelet Jack got me for Christmas and I can't help but feel my blood boiling all over again as the tears start to blur my vision. I quickly take it off and throw it on the floor, clenching my jaw. I hear steps come up from behind me and quickly swipe at my eyes before turning around. Theo spots the bracelet on the floor and he sighs as something flashes through his eyes that I couldn't really pinpoint.

"You ready?" He asks as I nod. We both walk down the stairs before Theo tells Chris we'll be out and to tell the others once they get back.

He grabs my hand and leads us to a storage room in the left of the front door. He opens it and pulls out two surfboards. One painted this ocean like blue with a black silhouette of a turtle at the front. The other one is half red and half white with a black wave like design on it.

"Come," He said as he takes a surfboard in each arm before he leads us out the door, down to the beach. Neither of us say a word and it becomes a comfortable silence between the both of us as we get lossed in our own minds.

"Who's ready for me to kick your ass?" Theo asked smirking once we got to the beach. No one is around, probably celebrating the New Years, so it only us and the ocean ahead. He puts both the boards down against an umbrella thing with two white sun beds on either side.

"You mean for me to kick your ass" I point out as he chuckles, making me smile and the sound of it.

"There you go, that's what I want to see," He said, cupping my cheek as he stares down at me, smiling.

"Come on, lets see what you got" He said before taking off his tank top, revealing his very lean body. He throws his top on one of the sun beds before handing me the turtle board.

"Last one there is a rotten egg" he shouts before sprinting to the sea. I giggle before quickly running after him. He looks behind him and doesn't see me so he starts to slow down but what he doesn't realize is that I was on the other side of him and I use it as the chance to run past him.

"I thought you would run faster than that, being a football player and all" I shouted behind me as he turns his head in shock before smirking and running to me.