Chapter 3

Ako stretched out her arm in front of her a final time, completing her post practicing stretch routine.

"Saotome," a strict voice called from behind her.

Ako lowered her arm and turned, "Tsubasa!" she greeted.

Tsubasa nodded, "I saw your name on the running list for president this year."

Ako straightened, "Yes, I am."

"That's good," Tsubasa said, "I look forward to your campaigning, then."

Ako nodded and smiled, "Yes, ma'am!"

Tsubasa stalked off with a quick nod, leaving Ako anxious. She had to make more planning preparations for the campaign, so that she could impress Tsubasa and make her deserving of the position.

"Ako," a sweet voice called.

Ako looked over to the door to see Koharu peering in through the doorway. Ako waved, stepping towards her, "Hey Koharu."

"I thought I'd stop by so we can walk to lunch together," she said.

Ako brightened, "That's a great idea. Let me grab my bag."

Koharu nodded, holding her own bag while she waited for Ako. After swinging her bag over her shoulder, Ako followed Koharu into the hall.

"How was practice?" Koharu asked.

Ako smiled, "It was-" she stopped. She spotted two figures down the hall and gasped, rushing to the side of the hall to hide herself, pulling Koharu with her.

"Ako?" Koharu puffed in surprise.

"Shh," Ako hushed, "It's Subarukins!"

Koharu blinked and followed Ako's gaze. M4's Subaru and Kanata were walking down the hall, chatting to each other. They turned around the corner.

Ako grabbed Koharu's wrist. "Let's go!" she whisper yelled.

"H-Huh?" Koharu gasped, "Go where?"

"To see where he's going!" Ako replied, rushing down the hall quietly.

"Ako, I don't think-" Koharu began as they slowed near the corner of the hall to peek around it.

"Shh!" Ako repeated, "There they are!" She pointed to a classroom where they spotted the back of Subaru as he entered.

"That's one of the practice rooms," Koharu noticed. "I wonder what they're going there for?"

Ako pulled away from the corner and leaned against the wall, "My Subarukins is probably practicing during his lunch break." She blushed heavily, thinking about it and clasping her hands together.

Koharu glanced at Ako, unsure of how to react. She noticed movement from the corner of her eye, and turned to see Subaru leaving. "Oh, he's leaving."

"What?" Ako snapped from her swooning to check.

Koharu grabbed Ako's sleeve before she could run off, "Ako, we should go to lunch."

Ako stopped, turning to Koharu sadly in realization, "O-Oh, yea..."

Koharu nodded, then began to turn to get going when a voice called out.

"Hey, what are you two doing?"

Ako and Koharu whirled around to see Kanata behind them, having spotted them and going to see what was up.

"Nothing!" Ako replied quickly, as Koharu started feeling nervous.