Opening day

"Good luck you guys." I said as the team went down a corridor to the main battle arena, as I was walking Master pulled me off to the side and asked me to do something. "I just really hope I don't have to do this." I said as we walked up to the viewing area. Most of the teams were out except for the last two. "They are going to be so pissed once they find out." I whispered to Makarov as the second place team was announced and our second team walked onto the field.

While the others were cheering I just put my face into my hand while Natsu had a hissy fit about the second team. "Now on with the final team. You know them and love them, Fiore's strongest Guild! SABERTOOTH!" One of the announcers yelled as the final Guild came out. We just watched as the entire arena burst into an uproar. "These guys don't look so tough." I said as the announcer said the first game was hide and seek.

"I lost 'em! I had Gray and Juvia, but I got nothing." I said as the others looked at me then at the screens as we saw Gray get hit a second time. "Come on Gray what are you thinking!" I heard Natsu as I saw a few of the other Guilds going after each other. "I see it all." We all turned to the screen and saw the guy from Sabertooth as he stood on a roof and looked down at everyone before he attacked them with lightning. "Times running out. Come on Gray!" I yelled just as he was about to hit the guy from Sabertooth when the same person from Raven Tail got him just before the timer hit zero.

As the announcer said the score's I could see the look on Gray's face and hear the crowd laughing. "The battle portion of today will be between Lucy Heartfilia of Fairy Tail and Flare Corona of Raven Tail." The announcer said as Lucy and Flare both started to make their way to the center of the arena. "What is it, First Master?" I heard Romeo ask the First as she looked down into the arena. "I'm just trying to think what their goal is." She said as she put on a thinking face. "Well, whatever it is it can't be good." I said as a timer appeared above the arena.

We were watching Lucy winning the game when I noticed some movement to my right. "Mama I can't see." Asuka said as she tried to hang onto the ledge of where we were standing. Before Bisca could do anything Tango stuck his head between her legs till she was sitting just behind his head. "Thank you, Tango." Asuka said as she put her hands on Tango's head while we watched Taurus and Scorpio attacking Flare.

As the two made a sandstorm appear. "You okay?" I turned to the First Master as she floated next to me. "Yeah, this just brings back some memories." I said as I felt sweat on the side of my face. We watched as she turned her hair into a wolf and while the other teams were surprised to see that it made me laugh when Lucy made her crab spirit appear and cut it into itty bitty pieces. "Let's see what you got now!" I yelled as Flare grabbed Lucy by her feet and started to flip her till Lucy pulled out her whip and grabbed Flares arm. They both flipped at the same time causing them to go flying into the air.

After they came back down Flare sent a large amount of her hair into the ground. After a few seconds Lucy looked over at us and I could have sworn she was going to say something but Flare put her hair over her mouth and threw her. "What's she doing. They were equal till just a few minutes ago." I heard a few of the guys up here say as we watched Lucy getting beat. She was about to get back to her feet when Flare grabbed her hands, feet, and put hair around her mouth. "Somethings not right." I said as we watched Flare make her Guild mark out of hair and was about to put it on Lucy's hand.

I turned my head to see Natsu come running towards us. "I heard you Lucy! Now's your chance!" He yelled as he grabbed some of Flares hair that was floating close to Asuka and burned it. Lucy then summoned Gemini and freed herself. "We're going to use 'that'." Lucy said as the spirit looked at her then changed into her except the GemiLucy was just in a towel. "If she could copy Erza or Laxus then Gemini would be unstoppable." Jet said as he looked at the two on the field but Levy told him that Gemini would still only be as powerful as it is now. Lucy then started to chant some spell involving the stars.

Everyone around me started to shield their eyes as the spell got righter and brighter. "I can't see anything! Nathan, what do you see?" Makarov asked me as I put on a pair of sunglasses and could kind of see the Lucy's and Flare. Just as she said the last word and was about to activate the spell it was gone, I looked around and saw one of Raven Tail's guys just putting down his arm. "Mr. Yajima, what do you think happened to Miss Heartfilia's magic?" One of the other announcers asked but all we heard was static and then the same announcer said that the victor was Flare as Lucy fell face first into the dirt.

As everyone outside of our Guild and our allies laughed at us I glared at Raven Tail especially the guy with the little black creature on his shoulder. After a while, I turned my attention back to the arena and watched Natsu give Lucy a pep-talk before they started to walk towards a tunnel. "Good job Lucy." I said as the two passed by me, Lucy gave me a half smile before they turned a corner.