Chapter 3

"I-I Uh Um" Those were the only words I managed to get out of my mouth. I didn't know what to say. No boy has ever said that to me. I looked into his deep blue eyes. He could tell I didn't know what to say.

"Look Adelaine, I'm not expecting you to say that you like me back. I mean we just met a few days ago. But, I just had to let you know. You're just different from other girls. So, that's why this weekend we're going to have a pre-date." He said softly

"Pre-date?" I finally got the courage to say full words and not sputter things.

"Yes, it's going to be a way for us to get to know each other better."

"Okay, Pre-date it is. Bye!" I said, smiling back as I got out of his car

"Bye cupcake" he replied

When I finally got to my room I laid on my bed and took a minute to let it all process. I've never had a boyfriend before. Atcher was the first guy to actually like me. I only saw him as a friend, at least I think I did. I mean he is the schools hottie but, I guess I'll see how this pre-date goes.

I felt my phone vibrate to see a text from my mom

Running a bit late, still with your sister. Can you go buy milk?

Okay

Remember just the milk, nothing else - mom

I rolled my eyes while reading the message and quickly changed into some leggings and a shirt that said more issues than vogue and my black combat boots.

I grabbed the keys and headed out.

I pulled into the local store and began looking for milk.

I kept my focus on getting the milk and heading out because the last time I was sent to the grocery store by myself I ended up coming home with 3 cans of Pringles, 2 packets of Jolly Ranchers, 4 Arizona teas, box of popcorn and a bag of cool ranch Doritos. What? I couldn't help myself.

I chuckled to myself remembering when mom put 'just the milk, nothing else' Now you see why.

As, I was about to grab the milk I heard some familiar voices.

"Bro, we need to get some Chex Mix" the voice said

"Austin, who still eats those?" The voice said

Austin. That's Atchers friend, remembering from today.

"I do" he said

"Do you really need 5 bags? You're probably the only reason why they're still in business." The voice said while laughing. I figured that voice was Chris.

I had to admit that was pretty funny.

I grabbed 2 milks and started heading towards the register until I saw Jolly Ranchers. I grabbed a packet of them and continued walking, then grabbed a box of popcorn.

"Adelaine?"

I turned around to see Austin and Chris walking up to me. They saw me.

"Uh yeah. hi guys. It's Chris and Austin right?" I said, acting like I didn't know their names. I don't want them thinking I automatically recognized them

"Yeah, what are you doing here?" Chris said

Really, I thought, why would you ask that at a grocery store. What else could you do other than shop for groceries.

"Oh, you know just the usual, going for my night bike ride around the grocery store" I said sarcastically. Hoping I didn't make myself look like a fool