Chapter 16

I woke up a few hours later with puffy eyes and a burning cheek. I noticed I had been cuddling with Gertude, the elephant Atcher won me. I threw it across the floor, remembering how much I hate him. I looked at the time and noticed school was about to end in 20 minutes. I decided to take a shower.

I changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt. I looked in the mirror and ran my hand lightly over the deep red scratches on my face. There were 3 long ones on my left cheek and 1 small one on the left cheek. I headed downstairs and saw my mom and Eva in the living room. I used my hair to cover my cheeks, so Eva didn't notice the marks. My mom came into the kitchen.

"Addy" She said, lightly touching my shoulder.

"Yes mom?" I asked.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked.

"Honestly, no." I replied.

"Okay, just remember I'm here if you need me." She said, pulling me into a hug.

I decided to eat a hot pocket and my hair decided to fall into my mouth every time I went to take a bite, so I threw it up into a big bun on the top of my head and then Eva came into the kitchen.

"Addy?" She asked.

"Yes?" I looked at her and her eyes widened. I completely forgot about the scratches. Crap

"What's on your face?" She pondered.

I decided to use the excuse I gave my mom. "I got attacked by cat." She frowned in confusion, but I think she believed me.

"Was it crazy?" She said, walking up to my cheek.

I laughed at this, remembering Tracy's face as she dug into my skin. "Very" I said, ruffling her hair.

~~*~~

I turned off my phone and put in a drawer and spent the rest of the day watching Netflix in my bed and I was interrupted when my mom called my name.

"What?!" I yelled from my room. She hated when I did that, but I was so comfortable.

"Come down here!" She yelled back, from downstairs.

I grunted and walked downstairs. "Your friends are here" She said, gesturing to the door.

Friends? Friends would back their friend up and not just stand there as she got attacked.

"I don't have any friends" I said, as I turned back around and trudged up the stairs.

"We know you're there" Lily said.

"Just hear us out" Chris retorted.

I sighed and walked to the door, with my head down.

I looked up and saw Atcher, Lily, Danny, Chris, Jake and Austin standing in the doorway and Lily was holding a basket.

"What do you guys want?" I asked, looking at all their shamed faces. My mom interrupted "Addy, at least let them inside!" She called out.

"No, I think they're fine out here." I said, giving them glares. We stood there in a awkward silence.

"We're here to apologize" Jake spoke up. Shout out to him for having the balls to say something.

"We should've backed you up with everything that happened with Tracy." Chris added on.

"We're horrible friends." Lily finished. She nudged Danny and he sputtered "Sorry."

"O-kay." I mumbled looking at my sweatpants. I wasn't sure what to say.